What I Got Today!

Brac

horn lenses are kinda like for show more than go, they are different so companies can look unique and often to get around patents. Don Keele was a master of that art form. These and the JBL M2 lens are good examples of that. What make this a nice horn is the fact that it is a low compression ration conical horn so it is a low distortion horn and that sounds good. Looks cool does not make noises of its own that works for me.

It is my understanding that the mumps keep the horn from losing control of lower frequencies that would otherwise become beamy then erratic in a wide dispersion horn.  Maybe it's higher frequencies though.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Time to learn the secret handshake from the La Scala Club.  I know there are several of you out there.  B)

+++

I told my wife I was getting these 10 minutes before they arrived via my son and his Chevy Silverado after a 12 hour drive.  I counted on the fact she wouldn't yell at me in front of our two sons.  It worked.  :D

These are 1979, AA crossovers, untouched, condition has to be about 8+.  There there is some laminate coming apart on the top right edge of picture four, but very minor and it looks fixable.  I know nothing about La Scalas so feel to tell me what I need to know.

The flash bleached them out a bit on some pics, but they are more dark than blond.

post-58280-0-55000000-1457217757_thumb.jpost-58280-0-75640000-1457217784_thumb.jpost-58280-0-76120000-1457217820_thumb.jpost-58280-0-27080000-1457217873_thumb.j

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 7

Time to learn the secret handshake from the La Scala Club.  I know there are several of you out there.  B)

+++

I told my wife I was getting these 10 minutes before they arrived via my son and his Chevy Silverado after a 12 hour drive.  I counted on the fact she wouldn't yell at me in front of our two sons.  It worked.  :D

These are 1979, AA crossovers, untouched, condition has to be about 8+.  There there is some laminate coming apart on the top right edge of picture four, but very minor and it looks fixable.  I know nothing about La Scalas so feel to tell me what I need to know.

attachicon.gifIMG_4606.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4608.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4609.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4611.JPG

Did you just pick these up? They look sweet!

• Like 1

Time to learn the secret handshake from the La Scala Club.  I know there are several of you out there. 

Welcome! I just recently joined this club myself, and I gotta say, they are my favorite speaker I have ever owned. Once you've had some good listening time with them, it might be a good idea to take a look at the crossover and see what parts on there need sprucing up. Next pay check I'm going to order up some Bob Crites A/4500 xovers, and the CT120 tweeter to freshin' my Scalas up a bit. Congrats on your new toys!

• Like 1

Time to learn the secret handshake from the La Scala Club. I know there are several of you out there. B)

+++

I told my wife I was getting these 10 minutes before they arrived via my son and his Chevy Silverado after a 12 hour drive. I counted on the fact she wouldn't yell at me in front of our two sons. It worked. :D

These are 1979, AA crossovers, untouched, condition has to be about 8+. There there is some laminate coming apart on the top right edge of picture four, but very minor and it looks fixable. I know nothing about La Scalas so feel to tell me what I need to know.

The flash bleached them out a bit on some pics, but they are more dark than blond.

attachicon.gifIMG_4606.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4608.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4609.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4611.JPG

Beautiful!! One pair of mine look very similar. You will love them.

I told my wife I was getting these 10 minutes before they arrived via my son and his Chevy Silverado after a 12 hour drive. I counted on the fact she wouldn't yell at me in front of our two sons. It worked.

I just put them in the shop for a few weeks and let her see them naturally and if she says something I can tell her that I didn't just get these, I've had them for a while. :wink:

• Like 1

I didn't just get these, I've had them for a while.

I was gonna use that one myself.

Thats usually what i do, or sneak them in through the back door downstairs.

Ive kind of gotten to the point of having so much audio gear. She cant keep track, unless she beats me home and sees a package waiting.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats Dave, those are beautiful. I noticed you went with the "I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission" approach….well done my friend.

Coming from The Master, that's a supreme compliment! 

I'm not saying I lied or deliberately withheld information or anything like that.  All I'm sayin' is I waited until they were in the truck and paid for and on the road on their way here before I had "that conversation" with her...  :P

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 4

Congrats Dave, those are beautiful. I noticed you went with the "I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission" approach….well done my friend.

Coming from The Master, that's a supreme compliment! 

I'm not saying I lied or deliberately withheld information or anything like that.  All I'm sayin' is I waited until they were in the truck and paid for and on the road on their way here before I had "that conversation" with her...  :P

Y'all are sissies!

It aint no wonder that women are takin over!

Us real men who remember "the he man woman haters club" are dying off fast :(

Time for you boys to grow a pair and tell her, her place in things!

Do you think I would have TSCM's and KPT 684's in the living room if I gave her a choice?

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

Y'all are sissies!

Time for you boys to grow a pair and tell her, her place in things!

Do you think I would have TSCM's and KPT 684's in the living room if I gave her a choice?

So... you're sayin' I should keep my 'Scalas in your living room, because your wife won't say no???   :angry:

Sounds good to me!    :emotion-21:  :emotion-19:  :D

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!