What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, USNRET said:

DON'T DO IT!

Every time I got pushed into management it came with more responsibility AND put on salary, which was a nice way to get more hours out of me for no more money.   But I didn't get the travel which i would like. 

• Like 1

Just now, USNRET said:

DON'T DO IT!

Noted.  It's a great company, not big by any means, with great people, we're like a big family.  I know what I'm in for, but it will be worth it.  I'll be back at HQ the week after next for some meetings, some fun, back in the NE.

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

Congratulations, it would really suck to have to go out to Hawaii to fix a problem. You should be celebrating. 

Thanks dtel.  Without writing a novel, the whole experience has been humbling.  It's a goal I've been shooting for.  I can't wait to show them what I can do.

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Another question.  Is there a budget for sending pu$$ie hats to the deserving?

I would think no limit, some things are just too important to put a limit on. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ACV92 said:

Noted.  It's a great company, not big by any means, with great people, we're like a big family.  I know what I'm in for, but it will be worth it.  I'll be back at HQ the week after next for some meetings, some fun, back in the NE.

Thanks dtel.  Without writing a novel, the whole experience has been humbling.  It's a goal I've been shooting for.  I can't wait to show them what I can do.

Show them, do the best you can, I know sometimes people expect monkeys to jump from you arse but do what you can do and they will probably be happy. Something made them think you're capable so they are expecting you to succeed. And have fun, and it becomes not fun get out, life's too short.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ACV92 said:

Not to topic jack here, I'm going to though, I have a little bit of a different what I got today.  I got a nice promotion today from the President of the company I work for.  I'm going to be one of those Management types.  I'm covering 7 states in the Western US.  I've got Hawaii and Alaska mixed in there, breaks my heart.  Will be getting some new gear soon.  Celebrating this evening, for sure!

Congrats my friend. Wishing you much success and hoping that you enjoy your job.

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

LOL, you just need tighter restraints.....Christy is really a softie.

I think I wore her down over the years. She listens to everything I say, or acts like it, occasionally. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JBCODD said:

I got some delicious figgy (Black Mission) goodness. They are just starting to ripen and it looks like the tree will yield about 40-50 pounds this year. 

IMG_0279.JPG

harvested some of my figs yesterday as well.. not nearly as ripe, but if I leave them too long I lose them to birds. still tasty, just not as sweet.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ACV92 said:

I'm covering 7 states in the Western US.  I've got Hawaii and Alaska mixed in there, breaks my heart.

That's really rough you are going to have to go to Hawaii to supervise.  How will you survive in that wilderness?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JBCODD said:

I got some delicious figgy (Black Mission) goodness. They are just starting to ripen and it looks like the tree will yield about 40-50 pounds this year. 

IMG_0279.JPG

nice just wrap them with prosciutto stuff them with gorgonzola

Adam them add reduced balsamic drizzle..

18 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

there nothing anyone can say to me . that would hurt my feelings.....

it would make me giggle like a little school girl...

and feel the warmth and love...

T:)hat is a definition of the Pillsbury Doughboy. Just poke him in the stomach and he laughs and giggles...

• Like 3

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!