The Klipsch Audio Community
wuzzzer

What's the weather like where you're at?

} KC = we’ve had a lot of fog last two-three mornings. Morning temps in the upper 30’s lower 40’s. Mild for January. Had about 4-5 inches of snow last weekend, wouldn’t know it three days later. Sixteen this morning -

-29 C, feels like -36 C (wind chill) and yes we go to work in that, those that have to work!  I have to help daughter try to start her "abandoned" car. She left it outside for 2 days not plugged in so the battery won't start it.  Gonna be fun.

5 minutes ago, MC39693 said:

-29 C, feels like -36 C

You can tell the difference??????

Calgary does get wind.  When I lived in Ft. McMurray we didn't get much and if we did in the winter, ouch ... then it was time to be inside.  But my kids grew up in -30 C and loved the winter.  They learned to drive in those conditions so winter driving it not a problem.  But, daughter has no plug in for parking at work so she's gonna have a problem or perhaps I will trying to start her car.  We'll get enough wind to move the heavy cold air out in the next 3 days and finally get back to warmer temps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Wuzzzer........do folks even try to go to work when it's that cold?

As long as the cars start!

Last winter schools were closed for three days in a row due to the cold.  Wind chills were -60 to -65 during that time.  It's the first time I've seen schools closed that long just because of the cold.

Oddly enough as the morning goes on it's actually getting colder, down to -24 now. 

In this weather you can start your car and run it for 15 minutes and the temperature needle will have barely moved at all. 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You can tell the difference??????

To me anything -10 or colder feels the same to me.  Doesn't matter how many layers you put on, the cold just goes right through you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

To me anything -10 or colder feels the same to me.  Doesn't matter how many layers you put on, the cold just goes right through you. 

That's what I would think.

Right now @ 58F and 60% humidity. Low humidity for 0740 in southern LA.

Carl, your rug should be drying for sure. 

6 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Right now @ 58F and 60% humidity. Low humidity for 0740 in southern LA.

Carl, your rug should be drying for sure. 

99% when I left the house this morning.  It should drop over the weekend though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

You've had day after day of that close to 100% down there in TX this week huh? We had all the foggy days, thunderstorms, loads of rain too! Cool wind all day yesterday and low 30s in the 7:00 hour today. Used to be the coldest in the 5:00 hour forever, since that big tsunami it is in the 7-8 hour.

On 1/15/2020 at 4:34 PM, polizzio said:

Get this, 82F right now and 58% humidity. But the weatherman reports winter is not over for us. 29F forecast for next Monday night low.

We will have a swing in temps also in the next few days....50 tomorrow, then down to 10 Saturday night, 8 Sunday night, starting to hate the cold.

• Like 1

Just now, Ceptorman said:

We will have a swing in temps also in the next few days....50 tomorrow, then down to 10 Saturday night, 8 Sunday night, starting to hate the cold.

Your swing is much more aggressive. I cannot remember 10F down here in 45 years. 16/17F yes, and that is far from typical. Christmas eve 1989 (I remember well because we lost the entire refinery abruptly in the wee hours and had a few fires in the units, I was working nights and it was just plum crazy). And I'm in Hammond now and was 17F Dec 8, 2017. It snowed :)

I cannot imagine operating an oil refinery in 10F, but they do it day in and day out. My former employer has a refinery in Detroit MI. MPC....Marathon.

I want no part of < 15F. Stay warm!

Raining in Pea Ridge Arkansas. Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination playing through the new Cornwall’s! 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Brenda said:

Raining in Pea Ridge Arkansas. Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination playing through the new Cornwall’s! 

You got it goin on!

• Like 1

@Brenda  Alan Parsons did the mixing on Pink Floyd "Dark Side on the Moon" album. Been listening to Parson for quite some time, but you prompted me to pull down the best of Parsons cd and give it a spin again today.

So how are you enjoying those new CW IVs?  Must be very sweet.

11 minutes ago, Brenda said:

My most favorite so far by them.

Enjoy your speakers...

59 minutes ago, Brenda said:

I'll bet the vocals on The Raven sound spectacular on those speakers.

46 minutes ago, billybob said:

My most favorite so far by them.

Enjoy your speakers...

I Robot is my favorite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brenda said:

Rain is GOOD as is downtime now!  Put those feet up and take it to a new level now that ya have those Cornwall's!  Hit the lounge and check out the Vinyl Record Spinning thread or hit Right This Minute.  We be jammin!  Well kinda maybe IF we can remember what album we were pulling out to play when we get over to the albums.  The struggle is real.  hahaha  Either way enjoy!   :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Temperature finally at 0 after being in the negatives the past few days.  Got about 5 inches of snow Friday into Saturday then winds up to 50mph blowing it all around.

Supposed to be 31 Wednesday.  Might have to break the shorts out.