Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

On 4/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, richieb said:

A little surprised to open the Klipsch Forum News and see the virus collapsed on itself. Vaccinated right before my eyes. Seemed nearly half the 244 pages were of a political nature, and many my moderators. Last few comments weren’t much different than 5, 10, 20 pages prior. Oh well, Rona moves with or without the Forum. 

Now on another virus related development - even here in the Midwest, meat and grain capital of the country, seems meat shortages are slowly beginning. Costco today no fresh ground beef, no pork of any kind, no whole chicken, limits of one on several fish type products but had whole briskets, bought 2x twenty pounders and pieced them out. 
And another shortage - freezers. We have a smaller one that will soon be full so I thought another might be in order. Went to Lowe’s and HD. Lowe’s has been out for weeks and none in sight until late June. Ordered one from Menards for mid May. 

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2020/04/28/coronavirus-covid-19-herbrucks-poultry-ranch-ingham-ionia/3043016001/

In my new hometown of Ionia Michigan, Herbrucks egg farm is the largest east of the Mississippi. I do not expect them to close due to workers testing positive. Allot of young people work there who are unlikely to be incapacitated by the virus. Operation is highly automated as well. A situation to be followed up on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

yes Carl... here I am

Seeing a lot of energy that could be spent in a better way.

It's just a way to get peoples heart rate up that might be home bound and not getting enough exercise.....................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
Finally, something positive about the food supply:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-defense-production-act-meat-processing-plants-open-coronavirus/

There really is no choice with this as the 80% reduced processing which the White House official said could happen would be the end of the country.  

Maynard

The interesting aspect of this act is that it protects the companies from possible liability lawsuits from workers possibly exposed to “unhealthy working conditions” while maintaining supplies necessary to human life.

In the words of my favorite NFL coach Sean Peyton. “Just do your job”.

Again, I understand the risks involved with “vulnerable groups”. I will sacrifice my well being to insure that our food chain doesn’t fall victim to a judicial system that has evolved into a “sue happy” environment.

For those in the back, I am in the high risk category. That being said I would gladly take a position on the front line that keeps our food chain secure.

If you haven’t read this, now may be the time.

https://academic.oup.com/jicj/article/17/4/699/5721410

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Maybe in the longer timeline advances will be made soon

enough to help heal sick ones.

If you can lower numbers in 

hospitals to receive regular

emergency care.

People are scared. Not all

of us but we are not sick.

In  America, people tend to do what they like to do. Just hope

they do not get sick. 

Sure would hate to be shoved into a situation where I am literally forced into working in an already unsafe environment with my own health and those of my family is jeopardized just because someone

wants a pork chop.

If I am satisfied that all of the PPE

and other details are out in place

for our mutual protection put in first, then we'll talk about work.

• Moderators
Sure would hate to be shoved into a situation where I am literally forced into working in an already unsafe environment with my own health and those of my family is jeopardized just because someone wants a pork chop.

If I am satisfied that all of the PPE

and other details are out in place

for our mutual protection put in first, then we'll talk about work.

Then don’t work, this is still America. I’m sure someone would be happy to have a job. You have a choice.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

Then don’t work, this is still America. I’m sure someone would be happy to have a job. You have a choice.

Amen!

When this whole thing started an old friend of mine was posting feverishly on FB how the Governor needed to shut down all construction work NOW! as he was working on a job that was deemed "essential" at the airport and never missed a beat. He was posting multiple times a day sharing petitions going to the extreme to try and force the government to enforce a complete shutdown and I just couldn't believe it, practically begging for government control of other peoples lives. I told him the same thing if YOU feel at risk or might be putting someone in your family at risk then just stay home its that simple but don't try and use government to force others to do so sickening in my view.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Screw protecting all Americans at the expense of my Constitutional Rights.

You're a class act.

How come people who always talk about the Constitution don't know anything about the Constitution.

If your rights are being violated, why not sue yourself out of this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

^^^^^
Dave A and your comments on Nashville’s Mayor. Isn’t it ironic the movers and shakers in our esteemed government, who take vacations during a crises (yes, and I’m sure play golf too ( to cover all bases for the inevitable comeback) never make mention of them taking pay cuts and “suffer”:with the proletariat. If they, every single one of the blue and red, had term limits and didn’t posture for their next election cycle from the day they swear in, maybe they would make more sensible decisions based on the right here, right now and not when you cast your vote in three years. If these SOB’s knew that in 3-4 years they were done, finished, a dollar to a donut their decision making would be more for the good - of the people and not their re-election chances.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

Amen!

When this whole thing started an old friend of mine was posting feverishly on FB how the Governor needed to shut down all construction work NOW! as he was working on a job that was deemed "essential" at the airport and never missed a beat. He was posting multiple times a day sharing petitions going to the extreme to try and force the government to enforce a complete shutdown and I just couldn't believe it, practically begging for government control of other peoples lives. I told him the same thing if YOU feel at risk or might be putting someone in your family at risk then just stay home its that simple but don't try and use government to force others to do so sickening in my view.

The media and hysteria got to him. And in all fairness, many of the US orgs got it wrong. But I guess better safe than sorry, right?

What the media does

Its like one media outlet praising New Zealand for "eliminating" the virus, which is a great thing and I dont want to undercut their success, but they didn't point out its an island with roughly 20% less citizens than Houston, TX and is geographically the most isolated nation on the planet. Also, the  population density there is less than 20% of the most underpopulated US states. There is 48 people per square mile. San Diego has 3700 peeps per square mile.   You can arrange facts, overlook elementary data  and skew any anyone's emotional response........but when you add a little bit of fear, people eat it like candy.  I hope everyone now knows that many of these big watchdog outfits aren't our friend, they say what is convenient and is in tune with their objective.

Now, lets talk about the Illinois fiasco that has been ready to bust for around a decade now

Remember the Arizona couple where the husband died because the wife gave him fish tank cleaner on the “advice” of president Trump? Remember how she wailed and railed about how awful the president was? Remember that she was a huge supporter of the Democratic Party and had previously made donations for their candidates? Well she’s now being investigated for murdering her husband. Seems like they had a turbulent history and she’d been charged with assaulting him before. Gotta love some of these liberal sorts........ oh, and the media that fuels so much of this lunacy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It makes sense to have no mandatory restrictions of those not sick.

Recommended &/or Voluntary OK.

People that are not showing symptoms, but are carriers will make a lot more sick and die. This is not a flu it is a worldwide pandemic.

I wonder how many people who feel that it is more important to go out, and not self distance and wear masks would feel that way if they knew someone who was dying from this.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, dtel's wife said:

This isn't meant to be political, but the truth is that most migrant farm workers/laborers are Latino/Hispanic immigrants (legal and illegal). With the current policies, a lot of food crops will rot in the fields because there is no one to work.

Meat processing plants are some of the most dangerous places to work. It's going to get worse in some places before it gets better.

A lot of our food supply in the US is handled the same way all our cheap work from China has been done.

• Moderators
People that are not showing symptoms, but are carriers will make a lot more sick and die. This is not a flu it is a worldwide pandemic.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

You have a choice. Stay home or not. It’s really simple. I’m in the vulnerable group. I’m cautious when out in public and who I “associate” with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• dtel locked this topic