Pictures of your Tube Amplifiers

henry4841

All my Tube goodies in 1 place except for the Sargent Rayment amp I just put up for sale

Middle shelf left to rignt, Border Patrol DAC SE-i (latest version with Jupiter Beeswax coupling caps) Line Magnetic 502CA DAC with NOS Tungsol 6x4 Rectifier and Mullard 12ax7 Drivers. In the Center is my New Maple Tree LCR2 Pre with a pair of Tung Sol Mouse ears 6sn7, next is my Hagerman Trumpet all current branded Tubes nothing of note but sure sounds sweet

Bottom Shelf, Left to Right Don Allen KT88 Single Ended Has a pair of tung sol KT120 power tubes and Vintage RCA 6BZ8 Drivers SS Rectified a fine 10wpc single end design amp with MONSTEROUS iron,  Next is my Wauwatosa LA LUCIÉRNAGA amp it uses 6l6 output tubes and the power supply (left unit) uses a bunch of tubes heres a link the builder (Timothy") seems like a great guy with a bit of a sense of humor

Power supply https://wtfamps.com/la-luciernaga-part-1-the-psu/  Amp https://wtfamps.com/la-luciernaga-part-2-the-amp/  A damn fine sounding amp IMHO I got it from a forum member here a bit ago (Thanks Tom)

My Tubes.PNG

• Like 3

On 9/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, henry4841 said:

I would love to see more pictures of your tube amplifiers. To me they can be a work of art and some of them really catch your eye when they are on. I only have a couple of my builds worthy of posting and members have already seen them so I will not post another picture. The rest of my builds are built around a plain Bud box or Hammond. I have always been more interested in the sound rather than the appearance but I love looking at really nice retail and diy builds. Very few SS amplifiers can really catch your eye like a tube amplifier does. I look forward to seeing more. The last pictures here of the Dennis Had and Seti's build look outstanding. 

I browsed the entire topic and saw an array of nice tube amps, both DIY and commercial products... Consquently, I distributed so much "likes" that I have been "like-forbidden for today" by the forum platform (may be I have been considered as a "like" bot ?)  :)

I complete the thread by some of my DIY achievements - which share the same Hammond aluminium casing (1550J = 275x175x67mm) :

5AO8Kb-IMG-1142.jpg

5AO8Kb-IMG-1152.jpg

pCOqJb-U300B-1-et-2-cablage-fini-01-07-2

8bZXJb-P1100316.jpg

ddZXJb-P1100318.jpg

LUvYJb-P1100328.jpg

ovvYJb-P1100344.jpg

ePWXJb-elements.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, DrTUBE said:

I browsed the entire topic and saw an array of nice tube amps, both DIY and commercial products... Consquently, I distributed so much "likes" that I have been "like-forbidden for today" by the forum platform (may be I have been considered as a "like" bot ?)  :)

I complete the thread by some of my DIY achievements - which share the same Hammond aluminium casing (1550J = 275x175x67mm) :

Excellent work. Thanks for sharing. What are some of the output transformers you are using?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, henry4841 said:

Excellent work. Thanks for sharing. What are some of the output transformers you are using?

Thanks @henry4841

On the Ultimate 300B, the output transformers are from the French brand STS Millerioux (from mid-80s), model HH25-B. These are sealed, C-core, 2500R/4-8-16R/25Wrms.

image.png.de3209805af0817f79b741b9eb378a51.png

image.png.46eba00b92d91ea042b9c06ef443e3f0.png

On the Ultimate OTL6080, what looks to be output transformers (black casings) are in fact the power stage filtering module. As this amp is an OTL circuit, there's no output transformer :

Ml4SJb-modu2-06-07-2020.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 1