Lounge

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

Rules:

Please keep your discussions civil.

NOTE: Topics covering sensitive issues such as race, religion, or politics have no place here and will be locked by moderators at their discretion. Please refer to the posted Terms of Service for more information.

9996 topics in this forum

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  1. Where to buy wood veneer?

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  2. Commercials

• 2 replies
  3. How to edit my avatar

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  4. RIP Dick Dale

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Quick question, is it possible to disassemble a no collard Khorn from 1973 into two parts? high section and bass section. Or does it mean a lot of screws to loosen and in the worst case that the bass is no longer tight?  I'm picking up a 1973 no collard Khorn from Italy next week. The seller wants to try to split it so that my transportation will be easier. But please, if it's not intended for that, then I'd rather carry heavier and tell him.
    • Good luck!   Imo, streaming just fills a void.  Waaaayyy too mny variables.  If you're not getting up & down to flip that lp you ain't gettin any bang for your buck!  Sure it's a pita but is the trade off really worth it?  Spinners & Curmudgeons Unite!    "I have to tell you man. In listening to sound, I guess what I'm after is the closest thing that I can get to reality. Now, I know it's not going to be reality, cause the thing gotta go through wires and gotta go through filters and this and that. I understand all that. But what I really like is to get as close to the natural sound of the instruments as possible. That's why I like analog as opposed to digital. Because I don't give a shit what anybody tells you man, I know what you guys are going to tell me...'Oh yeah, but it's clean Ray!' Well it's clean but it don't got no balls!!!" - 1999 interview with Ray Charles
    • Not Afft :    https://www.ebay.com/itm/256515906918
    • This subject probably has been asked in here before but I can’t find it. In my Home theater system I have the RF-7II in the mains and being a old rocker with MTV I like the YouTube music videos at times..The Yamaha A/V isn’t great with two channel especially with the RF-711, basically a cheap speaker. Being I have my two channel system in the same place as my Home Theater set-up I put my Forte IVs in the Home theater mains position (just switched speaker cables being these speakers are close together)the Forte IVs were amazing with the Yamaha A/V  compared to the RF-711s so the RF-711s are finally going bye bye…probably put them at the curb with a free sign…totally a crap speaker.. So the question is would the Cornwall IV be a upgrade or just get another Forte IV…My two channel system sound awesome with the Forte IVs hooked to the Pass Labs XA-25 amplifier and Pass Labs XP-12 preamp…Magna Mano Ultra mkIII Farad streamer and two dacs Denafrips Venus Anniversary and the New Ontech Dac 07 from Denmark… Going to buy new speakers anyway for the two channel, I have lots of room so would it be better and a improvement with the Cornwalls IVs is the question…and actually any and all speaker suggestions are welcome…would like to stay under 10k …
    • C4 Explosives U.S. Army Sgt. Eric Wallace places C4 explosives onto a stack of unexploded ordnances during a joint mine clearing operation at Orahovac Demolition Range in Kosovo, April 4, 2016. Wallace is an explosive ordnance disposal technician assigned to the Multinational Battle Group-East. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Thomas Duval 💪💪💪   
    • Depends on the model and what parts you’re looking for.
    • Many years ago I thought I would chop up a stump to get rid of it and get some exercise to boot.  On the second chop I felt a sting and by the second sting realized what was going on.  I ran to the back porch with the ax still in my hand.  The door was locked and my late wife with her hands to her face panicked and just stood there.  Seven stings and after a call to my neighbor, a doctor, took a couple of antihistamines and all was good.