Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

46 minutes ago, richieb said:

---- my impression of you as a bubble driving, Volvo owning, ladies man continues to prove itself. "Went over to LF's place before she got home to Build a Fire". I just bet you were building a Fire?!?! You dawg you -- Salute!!

You're probably thinking of Neil......think he was a ladies man.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I believe it's' the first time he's heard them.  It was a good afternoon. 

You're right on both counts. The 396s are some really great sounding speakers and we had a fun afternoon giving them a test drive.

Carl and his son Anthony were finishing up a cool battery powered bluetooth boom box project when I arrived. It's really a neat idea with a pair of 8" coax speakers with enough battery power for 6 hrs play time. After finishing up that project, we had some of Carl's famous martinis and enjoyed the 396s for a couple of hours. Those are some kick butt speakers if you haven't had the pleasure. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Nice copy of that lp @rplace.

I've got one Quiex II lp but it's not as good of a record as "Physical Graffiti" is.

I bought most, not all of those 200g LedDep LPs as they came out. Glad I did as I could not afford to buy them at today's prices. I wish I had bought 10 of each as my retirement plan. They do sound really nice. What-ch got on your end?

• Like 4

• Moderators
21 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

The 396s are some really great sounding speakers and we had a fun afternoon giving them a test drive.

21 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Those are some kick butt speakers if you haven't had the pleasure. 

You're right, I had the pleasure in Arkansas many times in Rodney's clubhouse I was impressed every time, a really good overall speaker. With a little volume it's surprising how much bass they have. We cranked them up many times in that big metal building with all the doors open, I think the cows in the field across the driveway liked them also, they would all come stand by the fence. :o Who knew cows liked reggae ? :huh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
On 11/26/2017 at 9:37 AM, Tarheel said:

If so I would think peroxide would bubble like crazy.

It does, done that before, after read it's not good to use it alot. It sure does make a strange sound when your trying it. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

It does, done that before, after read it's not good to use it alot. It sure does make a strange sound when your trying it. 

Thought you were at first talking about a clogged recirc. pump.;)

There was a run of super strong peroxide not long ago.

17 minutes ago, dtel said:

You're right, I had the pleasure in Arkansas many times in Rodney's clubhouse I was impressed every time, a really good overall speaker. With a little volume it's surprising how much bass they have. We cranked them up many times in that big metal building with all the doors open, I think the cows in the field across the driveway liked them also, they would all come stand by the fence. :o Who knew cows liked reggae ? :huh:

Think they do like some music. Not certain but, wonder if the 396's much different than the 301's. Anyway, they must be good.B)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billybob said:

wonder if the 396's much different than the 301's.

I sold a pair of 301-II's to buy the 396's.  There's definitely a difference.  Basically you're comparing a 2 way to a 3 way.

Prior to selling them I had installed new crossovers and Ti diaphragms in the 301's so they were about as good as they were going to sound and I still much prefer the 396's. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I sold a pair of 301-II's to buy the 396's.  There's definitely a difference.  Basically you're comparing a 2 way to a 3 way.

Prior to selling them I had installed new crossovers and Ti diaphragms in the 301's so they were about as good as they were going to sound and I still much prefer the 396's. 

That's a "Yes."

• Like 2