Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Almost cut my hair.....happen just the other day......getting kind of long......guess you could say it was in my way.  But I didn't and I wonder why.   Feel like letting my freak flag fly.........

Love that song.  A classic.

• Like 4

one less tarantula in the yard.

Missed a great photo opportunity, eating a sandwich.

A TarantulaHawk had one and was dragging it to its hole. Thought I was going to have time, with 2 feet to the hole.  That will teach me to think.

Now, do I want a 3 inch long wasp, that can take down tarantulas, in the yard? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The tarantula was eating a sandwich and you didn't get a picture of it?  Dang.

And of course the big question is was the sandwich the tarantula was eating toasted?

- Huh? Why would anyone, or anything for that matter, eat a sandwich without it first being toasted? Please ---?!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

one less tarantula in the yard.
A TarantulaHawk had one and was dragging it to its hole. Thought I was going to have time, with 2 feet to the hole.  That will teach me to think.
Now, do I want a 3 inch long wasp, that can take down tarantulas, in the yard? 
The tarantula was eating a sandwich and you didn't get a picture of it?  Dang.
And of course the big question is was the sandwich the tarantula was eating toasted?

- Huh? Why would anyone, or anything for that matter, eat a sandwich without it first being toasted? Please ---?!
You never know about a tarantula.
Everything in the desert is toasted, sooner or later.
You guys are *quick* to jump on a sentence lacking modifiers. [emoji176][emoji175][emoji851]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, mangofirst said:

a sentence lacking modifiers

It's been over 43 years since I had an english teacher and she apparently failed with me so all I will says is OK. :huh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mangofirst said:

Thanks, dude. Don't think I've ever heard this song. emoji7.pngemoji173.pngc4728ea0df1f994539be818cec7dfd93.jpg

Wait......no wait....is this a joke? Don't be rude, never ask a lady her age...…

……."I feel like I owe it to someone"...….

BTW..There are a few other gems on that record IMHO. If'n you've never heard the whole record. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Thank You, we have alot of miles to drive in the next few weeks. home to Galveston and back, 1 1/2 days later to the Palm Beach  area (Wellington and to lake Okeechobee) for a week and back, then to Hope to work on the museum and back, all in the next 2.5 weeks. Easily 50+ hours of driving before it's over.

All of this for someone who loves to be home, but it's all for a good reason and to be with good people. :emotion-21:

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

@dtelSafe mercies tomorrow for both of you!  

• Like 4

It's been over 43 years since I had an english teacher and she apparently failed with me so all I will says is OK. :huh: 

He should've said: "Missed a great photo opportunity because I was eating a sandwich." or "...while I was eating a sandwich." His lack of a modifying word or two left the hole open for the beautifully done flaming. Seriously some of the most civil burns I've ever seen.

Wait......no wait....is this a joke? Don't be rude, never ask a lady her age...…

……."I feel like I owe it to someone"...….

BTW..There are a few other gems on that record IMHO. If'n you've never heard the whole record. 

It is not a joke. I have heard some CSN&Y, some CS&N, and plenty of Y, just not this one. And I very much enjoyed it. So thanks.

I will be 40 in 7 months...is the page counter at 1979 yet?
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, WillyBob said:

I have about 10 months growth of hair... It getting to be a chore. I told my sisters I wouldn't cut my hairs until we get together. So, I have a couple months more before it becomes an option.

wife still wonders if I have joined a cult or gotten fundamentalist.... very fundamentalist

lol   I'm just "letting my hair down" since she is retiring after this year.  I'm practicing being retired.

I did a similar thing when I retired from the Army. I grew out my hair and grew a long beard. I was a hospital medic in the Army, so I transitioned to a civilian LPN. I enjoyed being scruffy until I realized that the "crackles" (rales and ronchi) I was hearing in clients lungs were coming from my beard rubbing on my stethoscope bow. I shaved, then fewer people had pneumonia. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3