Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

Maybe they'll add something to their heritage line thats somewhere between the Heresy's and the cornwalls....?

They're bringing back the Forte??????!!!!!!

That makes sense. Perhaps the entire Heritage line including the Belle and the Chorus (which some think is better than the CW)
Oh, maybe something like a chorus but 2 way with a new tractix horn or maybe with a 510 horns. I feel we have all just covered every aspect at this point and will have to wait. It will be cool to see.

• Moderators

From Klipsch Facebook page...

"Shawn Robak, I have no idea why you are confused. The whole point of the article is saying that it is a re-focusing back into the higher-end market. It's not a mixed message. Heck, the title of the article even has FOCUS in it. Like we have hinted approximately a million times, the Reference line going into Best Buy, HH Gregg, etc isn't the only change with Reference you are going to see. You really don't think we have something in store? Come on. We couldn't have hinted any stronger. Also, we didn't just jump into the headphone market. In fact, when the S4i launched, we were a VERY prominent player in that market for quite a while because we have a patent on something that directly affects comfort to a significant degree - oval ear tips. It was and will always be a significant portion of our business. Also, VOXX wants a high-margin Klipsch. Whatever they do with their other brands is irrelevant. We're here to make kick *** speakers. Also Reference II is a significant improvement over your first gens and if you demo what we have coming up next, you will be suitably impressed. Book it."

• Like 1

"Shawn Robak, I have no idea why you are confused. The whole point of the article is saying that it is a re-focusing back into the higher-end market. It's not a mixed message. Heck, the title of the article even has FOCUS in it. Like we have hinted approximately a million times, the Reference line going into Best Buy, HH Gregg, etc isn't the only change with Reference you are going to see. You really don't think we have something in store? Come on. We couldn't have hinted any stronger. Also, we didn't just jump into the headphone market. In fact, when the S4i launched, we were a VERY prominent player in that market for quite a while because we have a patent on something that directly affects comfort to a significant degree - oval ear tips. It was and will always be a significant portion of our business. Also, VOXX wants a high-margin Klipsch. Whatever they do with their other brands is irrelevant. We're here to make kick *** speakers. Also Reference II is a significant improvement over your first gens and if you demo what we have coming up next, you will be suitably impressed. Book it."

Well then, quite a few of us guessed right! Very exciting indeed! 

The Heritage and Cinema lines are big and efficient. The Palladium is small and inefficient.

I can't agree with this.  B&W 800 series are 92 db but require huge amps to drive them. 

I use a Denon 5800 receiver (170 wpc) to easily drive 5 Palladium speakers.  I could get by with less power.  I do agree that cinema is big and efficient. 

I am guessing that the word "BIG" means big speakers.  Maybe a variant / updated CF4? 

You bring up a good point.  Palladiums are inefficient compared to the Heritage and Cinema series. Compared to other 'audiophile' speakers on the planet, they are efficient. 

I still tend to think it is a line between the Palladiums and the Ref II's. Looking for a good review from Stereophile, AVS forums, etc. should be a goal if they intend to "return to their roots" and "emphasize premium products". Roots = PWK, so we must ask, WWPWK do? With high powered amps and receivers, perhaps he would build affordable Palladiums.

What would PWK do? I'll tell you what he would do, and that is what he always intended to do and that is make a beautiful piece of furniture Jubilee for home use!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

Words...... Ref ll, big improvement.....to each their own, I see it as a step backward. I have a bullit proof rsw15 and a rattling rw12d.The first rf3 sounded better than the 35 or the 82, in my rooms.Bigger margins is the big news I expect...we'll see..

• Like 1

• Moderators

Yes, it's not at all an easy crowd to WOW with something new and improved. :emotion-55:

Everyone here has a setup which is better than 95% + of the general public...............just a wild guess really ?

Edited by dtel

"Also, VOXX wants a high-margin Klipsch. Whatever they do with their other brands is irrelevant. We're here to make kick *** speakers. Also Reference II is a significant improvement over your first gens and if you demo what we have coming up next, you will be suitably impressed. Book it."

What would PWK do? I'll tell you what he would do, and that is what he always intended to do and that is make a beautiful piece of furniture Jubilee for home use!

Roger

Ya'll better buy them before they DO create them as a bona-fide home speaker.  You heard it from the horses mouth that they (VOXX) want a high-margin speaker....  buy them while they are only 'medium margin'

:)

• Like 2