make sure to elevate your cables.

Shiva

You should not only elevate your cables, but sit below them.  It is best to put them about 6.5 feet off the floor, and arrange them in the shape of  triangle (from the power amp to each of the two front speakers, and with a cable across between those two speakers, which is connected to nothing on either end ... this is arrangement is called "tri-wiring").   Of course, wear a pyramid on your head.  If you wear glasses, like the individual in the video, be careful to not turn your head while listening, because reflection of the lenses will adversely affect the imaging. One way to prevent this is to use a head clamp.  Clamps made of titanium get good reviews, but those that are gold plated restore the warmth of the music.  As Linn recommends, do not have a telephone, or anything else with a diaphragm, in the room that may vibrate in response to the sound waves.  Listeners can hold their breath to prevent their own diaphragm from moving, no matter how high the SPL.

Ill see your pyramid hat and raise you "Room boundary Pucks" 

Pucks at 8:30:

(Made even better by the glass mirror directly at the right primary reflection point)

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

BS!

Dont add props under the cables to elevate....One must suspend the cables from the ceiling with hand woven yarn.

I prefer to employ 72 large breasted virgins fresh from the Black Forest. They can lie on their backs and string the cables securely from breast to breast in such a way that said cables never actually touch the ground.

• Like 4

You should not only elevate your cables, but sit below them.  It is best to put them about 6.5 feet off the floor, and arrange them in the shape of  triangle (from the power amp to each of the two front speakers, and with a cable across between those two speakers, which is connected to nothing on either end ... this is arrangement is called "tri-wiring").   Of course, wear a pyramid on your head.  If you wear glasses, like the individual in the video, be careful to not turn your head while listening, because reflection of the lenses will adversely affect the imaging. One way to prevent this is to use a head clamp.  Clamps made of titanium get good reviews, but those that are gold plated restore the warmth of the music.  As Linn recommends, do not have a telephone, or anything else with a diaphragm, in the room that may vibrate in response to the sound waves.  Listeners can hold their breath to prevent their own diaphragm from moving, no matter how high the SPL.

What about my girlfriend who wears a diaphragm??

• Like 1

BS!

Dont add props under the cables to elevate....One must suspend the cables from the ceiling with hand woven yarn.

If you're spinning this yarn there's probably money to be made. What do you think about using excess public hair?

TRUE STORY!!

before I went back to college, I used to work in a food warehouse with a guy named Larry.

Never knew Larry's last name, but we called him Larry the legend.

Larry wore a cowboy hat with cowboy boots and was pretty weird!

Larry was in his 60's, had never been married, paid for prostitutes, and had a keychain hand woven of various pubes that he had "scalped" off of his "girlfriends"

I swear on my love for my kids that is a true story :emotion-41:  :emotion-41: :emotion-41:  

• Like 1

Maybe I am getting crazy at my old age but there is some scientific reasoning on why you should elevate your cabling, just like there is a reason to cross your cabling at 90 degree angles.  

All cabling when electricity runs through it presents a magnetic field and can cause some interference/noise.  The closer those cables are to a local boundary or each other will be the amount of noise it can produce, to the cable next to it or to itself.  

Two things come to mind though and why people buy expensive equipment and cabling.  Cheap equipment will be more likely to pick up all the junk and maybe some home made cabling risers or holders of sorts make sense.  Those T blocks must cost a whole 20 cents to make.  They can also be made to be variable height to keep the cords at different levels, away from one another.  This may actually help the S/N of the equipment and the stability of the amplification.  Just like certain cables can cause oscillation in equipment.  The other end of the spectrum is for expensive equipment with heavy shielding and good noise rejection, these should not be subject to noise introduced from the cabling, my thought at least.  If I am buying a beautiful set of jewelry such as Dan D'Aagostino Momentum mono-blocks for $55K per pair, I better be able to count on those amplifiers to reject noise otherwise maybe they should only be $5k.  The risers in the $55k case would be additional jewelry because I could afford the amplifiers.

My opinion is you should get what you pay for and any small tweak can change things, ever so slightly  Will you notice it?  Who knows.

• Moderators

I love that he has this ultra high end system yet at 13:40 he shares about how he added aluminum foil to the front of the silver circle power conditioner because he doesn't want to see the light as he listens in the dark.  :blink:

• Like 1

BS!

If you're spinning this yarn there's probably money to be made. What do you think about using excess public hair?

TRUE STORY!!

before I went back to college, I used to work in a food warehouse with a guy named Larry.

Never knew Larry's last name, but we called him Larry the legend.

Larry wore a cowboy hat with cowboy boots and was pretty weird!

Larry was in his 60's, had never been married, paid for prostitutes, and had a keychain hand woven of various pubes that he had "scalped" off of his "girlfriends"

I swear on my love for my kids that is a true story :emotion-41::emotion-41: :emotion-41:

I would love to meet this guy, as he is now my idle.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can actually hear his voice echoing off the walls.

Exactly. All that ceramic garb in those shelves, wood floors that appear to be uncovered. You would think someone thats a friend would say the whole setup is a wash.   I can't even keep an acoustic guitar in my room without hearing it coming to life at conversation music levels