What I Got Today!

Brac

Have not been able to get out yet and swing it. We are currently building an ark due to the relentless rain we have been having! No

Is this the norm for your area, having this much rain in April?

NO!! This is not the norm. We have flooding everywhere!

Hye Joe, good luck with that Cobra Amp driver. I am a big fan of Cobra woods having played them for the last couple of seasons. Real easy to hit. I carry a 10.5 draw bias driver, (last years model before they were adjustable) The Amp 4 wood & the new cell adjustable 5-7 wood. I am a much better fairway wood player than long irons. The adjustable club allows me to carry a 60* wedge. You will love these clubs, good luck & I hope it dries out where you are so you can air out a few drives.

I got this gorgeous De Rosa Primato and just finished freshening it up a bit. Top of the line handbuilt Italian steel goodness. I never even thought I'd get to see one much less buy this one in my size, locally, and for a decent price. It has a soul, it comes to me when I whistle, it pedals itself, and beautiful women throw underwear at me when I ride it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It even has a sexy tramp stamp

Posted Image

Steven, I hear ya on the Cobra, I was a part time demo guy last year and was going to do it again this year but school & my real job got in the way.[N] I have my eye on the 5-7 wood also, will have to see what the budget brings [;)]

I did get out to the drenched driving range Sunday, but only hit a small bucket. Was a little breezy and hands were cold. I hit some good shots but found that I needed to tee it higher than my old driver. Maybe it's just beginning of the season issues... I will get out again this week & let you all know how it goes ;)

Tough to get a real feel when it is cold & wet. I think you will find when you put a nice smooth swing on it, the ball really jumps off the clubface with these Cobras. Good luck this season & remember-"good things happen in the short grass!"

• 3 weeks later...

So, I'm all of 12-years old in 1977 and just got my first "job", a paper route. It was fortunate that my house was on that route. The bad part was that there weren't that many "throws" and I had to collect all of the money myself door-to-door.

A few months latrer the paper had a contest for the carriers to increase the number of subscriptions by gaining points that could be redeamed from a catalog they handed out to the carriers. The coolest thing I saw was an AM/FMradio that had an attached microphone similar to a police radio. Guess it was the earliest form of karaoke. Being behind the eight ball my chances of getting one of those was nill. Turn out at the end of the contest I didn't have enough points to get anything.

Being pretty bummed out about the contest I just saved my money for about 6-8 months, and I only got paid about $1 a day. So I convinced my dad to take me to a store about 12-miles away called Richter & Phillips. Found a radio that was AM/FM/ cassette. Can't remember how much it was but I think between $35 and $50.

The radio lived a good long life and I even bought a couple accessories from a brochure that came in the box. After that radio I went on to a Hitachi and then a Panasonic RX-5080.

SOOOO....a couple weeks ago I was cruising eBay and found that same radio in o.k. to decent condition. It came yesterday and I spent over an hour with a damp wash rag cleaning it up. It'll need a new belt but I thing I can find one in town where I got them before. It also need a power supply. So, no, I haven't even heard it yet...but here it is!!

post-5564-1381985420457_thumb.jpg

So, I'm all of 12-years old in 1977 and just got my first "job", a paper route. It was fortunate that my house was on that route. The bad part was that there weren't that many "throws" and I had to collect all of the money myself door-to-door.

A few months latrer the paper had a contest for the carriers to increase the number of subscriptions by gaining points that could be redeamed from a catalog they handed out to the carriers. The coolest thing I saw was an AM/FMradio that had an attached microphone similar to a police radio. Guess it was the earliest form of karaoke. Being behind the eight ball my chances of getting one of those was nill. Turn out at the end of the contest I didn't have enough points to get anything.

Being pretty bummed out about the contest I just saved my money for about 6-8 months, and I only got paid about $1 a day. So I convinced my dad to take me to a store about 12-miles away called Richter & Phillips. Found a radio that was AM/FM/ cassette. Can't remember how much it was but I think between $35 and $50.

The radio lived a good long life and I even bought a couple accessories from a brochure that came in the box. After that radio I went on to a Hitachi and then a Panasonic RX-5080.

SOOOO....a couple weeks ago I was cruising eBay and found that same radio in o.k. to decent condition. It came yesterday and I spent over an hour with a damp wash rag cleaning it up. It'll need a new belt but I thing I can find one in town where I got them before. It also need a power supply. So, no, I haven't even heard it yet...but here it is!!

Congratz on your find!

When I was in Uncle Sam's Canoe Club, we used o-rings from the hydralics shop for drive belts for the cassette players.

Your story really closely parallels mine! Except it was one year later that I spent 6 months of paper route money on a Hitachi TRK-8080H that I still have today. My Dad has used it for the last 10 years or so.

post-38437-13819854404312_thumb.jpg

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!