Oldbuckster Update?

Tarheel

That is HORRIBLE news and it saddens my heart.

HarryO--do you know how long Rob has known that he was ill?

Funny how at times like this memories start to surface. I would tease Rob quite a bit about the Rolling Stones--telling him that they were way overrated. He knew it was in good fun--proof of that, when he found out that my wife dumped my after 26 years, he immediately offered me a place to stay if I needed to get away for while.

I'm still hoping for a miracle though.

Thank you for bridging the gap between us and him during this ordeal--and a Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Regards,

Steve

Thank you HarryO. I needed to hear that some support mechanisms are in place.

I needed to hear it too. Even with help, it is exhausting. I can't begin to imagine without the help.

Continued prayers for the whole family.

Bruce

I wish Rob and his Family Peace..........Rest My freind ....Rest......

That says it all. I didn't need to read the rest of the thread. Here's wishing you a peaceful journey.

Be at Peace OB. We love you man.

Let us all give Thanks for all our friends here on the Klipsch Forum. We are family. This proves it.

Michael

I was just looking at oldbuckster's profile. Funny, before this thread I didn't even know his name was Rob.

"retired, medical reasons...old fart..." is the description of himself. "Interests:

rock n' roll; cars; scantly clad women"

"The color of a man's skin should be no more significant than the color of his eyes" is his signature.

What a guy. Godspeed my friend. [Y]

I haven't come back to this thread for a week now, and am just crushed by this news! I am shedding a tear as I write this, and just want to wish ob peace for his reamining days and hope that he is not in pain. He will be missed greatly around here, and left us many memories. [:'(]

Mike

My wife is a Hospice RN case manager. Here is a true story about one of her patients. It was a older woman already widowed who had a sizable and close family. I don't recall her disease process specifically. But, throughout her entire life she had teased her family about thunderstorms. She was from the mid south region of the country and they were all raised in the northwest (where I live). As children her kids were afraid of thunderstorms. She would always tell them that the thunderstorm we got here really were not thunderstorms at all. They had real thunderstorms where she grew up and when she died she would make one just for them. The night of her death we had a monumental thunderstorm for this area. Here in North Idaho we have thunderstorms but not too often, maybe 6 a year. The storm that rolled though that night was quite memorable, Neighbors who had lived here all their lives were very impressed by the 6 hour show. It was spectacular. OB is now at his sunset. May he find the solace and comforts he so richly deserves. May his family find their memories of him rejuvenating and inspirational.

I think just about everyone here is torn by this news.

However, if I recall correctly, he more than ONCE said something to the effect of "Sleep? I got plenty of time to do that when I'm gone... right now, I've got too much living to do" (or some paraphrase of that). That tells me he knew what path was before him and was doing his best to squeeze the most out of the days he had left. I'd like to think (and do) that he accomplished as much cantankerousness as he was able (cantankerousness is said with affection)

We've all made a comment or more in this thread. Some have called and I'm sure that some (as I) probably sent him a regular email or PM. Most of our comments in this thread are in part, to help us with our own grieving process of the pending loss of a friend.

We should not lose sight of, nor forget that each of us, regardless of our political, religeous or any other flavor, will also have to walk the same path that Rob is now on. Sure, we might not have the same ailments, but each of us is going to face the end of our days and although there will be loved ones surrounding us and others wishing us good will....we still have to walk that plank by ourselves. I can only speculate how lonely that plank may be for some people.

In my opinion, it is usually not very easy to sit down in front of someone and talk to them about their demise....especially if it is really staring them in the face. It's easier to discuss it in the abstract.

We're all going to go this way sooner or later. We should all, always do what we can to make sure that our 'business' (however it's defined for you as an individual) is taken care of and organized.

Sometimes like Rob, you might get a forewarning of what is coming at you and you have the luxury (as unpleasant a word as it may seem) of SOME time to make your final days more valuable to you or your family. Other times, we're caught off guard and we're taken away in the blink of an eye.

In a sense, Rob is very lucky in that, unpleasant as it may seem, he had a warning and some time to make sure he checked off some things off his list that he might have wanted to check off while he had the strength.

I hope and challange everyone here to take Rob's situation to heart and make sure that YOU have your life organized to the best of your ability. Perhaps that process might become Rob's legacy that he could leave you.

I can just about guarantee this.... if you are (unknowingly) in need of organizing things in your life and you take Rob's passing as your inspiration to do so, you will later in life reflect back to this moment (and by proxy, OB) and will appreciate what he did for you. What better memory of him could you have than years down the road, when you are in his same shoes, you refflect on his his helping YOU today, with the inspiration to make sure your business is in order?

Let me put it to you this way, if you got a letter signed by God TODAY that said you have 5 more weeks to the day to live.... would you carry on as normal OR would you find some things that have been nibbling at you and get them taken care of?

I had this happen with my aunt who lived for several months and a client who "fortunately" lived for about 3 weeks. I had time to get my Aunts business in order and we lucked out with the client as her daughter (POA) and myself were able to get her mothers state of affiars in order.

Sometimes, forewarning can be a blessing... I hope that everyone lets Rob's forewarning act as theirs.