• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Hi all!  Like a lot of you, my Cinema 600 died and wouldn't power on. I followed a lot of advice around the forum and picked up a new power supply board off amazon.  I also verified that the 24v side of the old power supply was fried.  In any case, I ordered the new one and got it installed. I can verify the 5/24 volt PS sides are working properly and my sound bar turned on and worked properly except the sub!  It wouldn't pair.  When plugged it in, the sub led would just flash really fast and when I tried to pair it by holding down the pair button the LED would go solid green right away but still not pair with the sound bar.     This led me down the firmware route. I read other people were having sub issues as well, but when they upgraded to the v33 firmware things worked again.  So I put the firmware on a USB key, inserted it into the USB port and immediately the sound bar power turned off and has since never returned.  Now I can't get the sound to power on at all.  I can still verify that the new power supply is working properly, however the unit itself won't power on now. I'm not sure what to do or how to proceed now.     For clarity, the instructions for the firmware didn't indicate USB requirements, however I have since read that the USB stick should be less than 8gb and be fat32 formatted.  I was using a 32gb NTFS USB stick initially. I can't imagine this would fry the unit?  Other people indicated the sound are just wouldnt read it and after they formatted it properly the sound are ready it and they were able to upgrade.  But for me, once unplugged it in, the power turned off and I've never been able to get it to turn back on.    I've also tried doing a factory reset by plugging it in and holding the power and select buttons down for 10 seconds and that doesn't do anything either. It the unit still doesn't turn on.    Curious if anyone has any suggestions or hints on what to do. I bought it in late 2020 so it's definitely out of warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would even offer a modest Venmo reward if someone can help successfully fix it.     Thanks!  
    • the pontus II comes standard with i2s does it not?
    • Moving across the country, so up for sale are the speakers from my seldom used home theater. I don't want to take these with as I hardly ever turn on the TV anymore. I bought these new as a quad of RF-7s. (3) had consecutive serial #'s (1) did not. Several years ago I sold a pair that were my rear surrounds and have these (2) left. All speakers are in excellent condition. All copper cones are perfect, all grills are excellent and all speaker cabinets are in great shape. The Rf-7s have custom made glass to protect the tops as well as copper spikes for the feet. I have original boxes for all the Klipsch speakers. I will not ship these, however over the next couple of months I will be driving back and forth from Belvidere, IL to Greenville, SC. Anywhere along the interstate from North Central IL to Nashville, then to Atlanta, and upstate SC are in play for possible delivery or meet up. I have lots of picture I can send to anyone interested in buying. If you have any questions let me know.   Jeremy
    • Those look absolutely lovely for 44 year old speakers!  That was a serious road trip for them though.  Can you share what you paid for them?
    • Much better. Congrats and enjoy!
    • They look very authentic and lovely with nice patina, either clean them a bit with lemon oil (that's how I would do it) or completely as a project for new shine. Is 1980 with Alnico K77 tweeter or with K77M ferrite? Both nice I'm just curious. May I ask what you paid? No matter how much it was, it's important that it's worth it to you, and that's what counts and that's what it looks like. Their appearance reminds me very much of when I bought my 1977 LaScala in 1999.
    • Pontus II Dac in like new condition. The Pontus II is a superb sounding dac and hard to be beat in this price range. Really was a wow moment upgrade for me from my previous dac. As with all Denafrips DAC's no power cord is included so you will have to supply your own. I also have a Denafrips Iris DDC which really takes the Pontus to another level. The Iris also allows you to use the I2s input on the Pontus which is universally known to be the best input to use on Denafrips Dac's. Stock power cord included.   Pontus II-$1300 Iris--$300   I have all the original packaging for safe shipping. Free Shipping at my asking price! Located in Chico CA, 95926. Cash, Venmo or PayPal. Thanks for looking!  
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    paraboloida