Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

50 minutes ago, Speed said:

Wow! I'm so old, I can't remember the last time I drove after dark. 😁

It's getting harder for me to be driving after dark for sure.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Speed said:

Wow! I'm so old, I can't remember the last time I drove after dark. 😁

7 hours ago, geezin' said:

I stopped night driving unless absolutely necessary. Then I had cataract surgery. Viola! I can see again!

Been there done that getting blasted and new lenses a couple years ago.  At my age it's still ugly at night.  Sure I can see but it can become a pita at times on the dark side streets in town.  Those parked cars can jump right out at ya.  roflmao

• Like 2

My buddy and I shot that one from my back yard.  Had about 4 bodies out shooting time lapse.  Man were we trashed when we got done.  lol  Got the prints and they all looked great.  We'll see what happens in April.  We're right in the middle of it all I guess.  Hotels are booked everywhere in it's path.  People making all kinds of plans.  Dunno why.  I just tell 'em it's gonna rain.  :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Saw this today taken from the back end of a KC-135 floating gas station over Missouri recently.  Those tankers get some way cool photo shots.  Can't imagine the stress that boom operator is under.  Always paid for with a salute from the pilot as he breaks off.  Those Stealth bombars are insane.  Crazy!    

image.png

Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit by Staff Sgt Mikayla Gibbs

• Like 4

I've had a few boxes of things in my office from when my daughter moved out of town. One has papers detailing a lot of the family past. Lots of photos, although I also have bunches at home. The front row (adults) starting from the far right. Paternal great grandfather, great great grandfather, great great grandmother, great grandmother. 

My great great grandfather passed away in 1923 (born in 1843). His wife was born in 1849, died in 1946.

I have some older pics from a studio that are in excellent shape.

the greats_1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Audible Nectar said:

As being one who was in the 90% area of the path, it dawned on me while seeing all of the vids and photos, that eclipse viewing is much like audio: That "last 10%" makes a HUGE difference and can be really hard to get to 🙂

It ain't horseshoes..close is not close enough:)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marvel said:

I've had a few boxes of things in my office from when my daughter moved out of town. One has papers detailing a lot of the family past. Lots of photos, although I also have bunches at home. The front row (adults) starting from the far right. Paternal great grandfather, great great grandfather, great great grandmother, great grandmother. 

My great great grandfather passed away in 1923 (born in 1843). His wife was born in 1849, died in 1946.

I have some older pics from a studio that are in excellent shape.

the greats_1.jpg

These little people’s Great Great Great Great Grandparents.

IMG_2598.thumb.jpeg.f1ab706c4efa2fc035b33e7df7dfd786.jpeg

• Like 5