Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good friday Morning gang

75 in the cave and zip plans for the day.

Been a good week since iv had a killer sandwich, so maybe a farm run today.

Coffee perkin, tryin new beans, oily lil bstards.

Been sittin on a ship to shore radio i must get installed for my farmer bud, so maybe ill do something constructive today.

MKP trans problems iv had myself, i think at that point i had little want or will to pull it again. i just went and got a new-er one,(car) and dont look back.

MKP, i seem to remember back in the day, i had a Towtruck driver for a roommate, i just called my bud and ask him to bring me home another car, i think i got four cars over 5 years that way.

Hell you have a used car lot next door, go shop.  

post-57941-0-54220000-1438948026_thumb.j

• Like 10

Morning guys.

Thanks for the support.... Feeling better about the bs.....I just got to suck it up.....if this is the worse thing that happens in my life I'm ahead of the game.....I'll keep ya posted with the outcome.

On a good note, me and the wife will be going out to dinner with my old shop helper and his wife tonight. Should be a good night. My friend from the local parts store might also join us. He is not just a parts guy....he runs the store, and he hooks us up.

OK guys....wishing all a great Friday....

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Who is the dream expert here?  Had some vivid ones last night.  Wondering if they are tied into food and drink prior to bed and what they may mean if anything.  May be just random firing of the synapse?

Had two vodka rocks with lime around 6:30.  Went to a rain shorten concert and back home.  Had a large piece of chocolate cake the LF brought me before bed.

Okay here goes.....no jokes Carl this is serious stuff :wacko:

I was sitting at a table with Leonardo DeCaprio.  He had three quart bottles of a clear liquid and was drinking from two....the third was unopened.  I asked what he was drinking and he turned the label towards me and the label indicated it was Prolly Vodka.  I had never heard of it and he pours me a triple sized shot glass full.  Not bad!  He poured me another and I drank half.  He took the unfinished portion back to my surprise and told me the meal he had just finished and the liquor I just consumed could have bought a nice condominium. 

He then begins to write on a pad and gives me a script for something called sellinizize or something like that.  I asked if that was an ingredient for a drink and he said no it was a prescription.  He advises it is secret and he got it from a contact in the mob. I asked him what it is or what it does and he just looked at me.  I finally understand and make the comment oh...."it's like trying to tell a singer about rock and roll".  He concurs.

We then lean back in our chairs and notice two teenage boys outside the window kissing each other with a third making funny faces at us.  Leonardo ask me what I think and I make a comment to the fact that he may be doing too many substances.

End of first dream.

• Like 5

Who is the dream expert here?  Had some vivid ones last night.  Wondering if they are tied into food and drink prior to bed and what they may mean if anything.  May be just random firing of the synapse?

Had two vodka rocks with lime around 6:30.  Went to a rain shorten concert and back home.  Had a large piece of chocolate cake the LF brought me before bed.

Okay here goes.....no jokes Carl this is serious stuff :wacko:

I was sitting at a table with Leonardo DeCaprio.  He had three quart bottles of a clear liquid and was drinking from two....the third was unopened.  I asked what he was drinking and he turned the label towards me and the label indicated it was Prolly Vodka.  I had never heard of it and he pours me a triple sized shot glass full.  Not bad!  He poured me another and I drank half.  He took the unfinished portion back to my surprise and told me the meal he had just finished and the liquor I just consumed could have bought a nice condominium. 

He then begins to write on a pad and gives me a script for something called sellinizize or something like that.  I asked if that was an ingredient for a drink and he said no it was a prescription.  He advises it is secret and he got it from a contact in the mob. I asked him what it is or what it does and he just looked at me.  I finally understand and make the comment oh...."it's like trying to tell a singer about rock and roll".  He concurs.

We then lean back in our chairs and notice two teenage boys outside the window kissing each other with a third making funny faces at us.  Leonardo ask me what I think and I make a comment to the fact that he may be doing too many substances.

End of first dream.

Just off the top of my head:

1. your Horny

2. you want Vodka

3. im glad i live on the left coast

• Like 5

That's funny JEFKlipsch. :emotion-21:

Thank you, thank you....remember guys....9:30 show is completely different than the 7:30 show....try the Prime rib and don't forget to tip your waitresses and bartenders....they work for your tips and you tips alone.....GOOD NIGHT KLIPSCH FORUM!!!

:drops mic

• Like 5

Evening gang....

Just got in from dinner with the wife....it's been a shitty day....so for the last few weeks I've been working on the old Honda van for my daughter. Two weeks ago I dropped the old eng and trans out. I have been working on the replacement eng and trans. Putting new timing belt, water pump, all the seals. Had to transfer the manifold off the old eng to the replacement eng. Re-rapped the the wire harness. Just a lot of stuff that takes a lot of time. I've been working on it for a few hours each night.

Well last night got it running and today I worked out a few bugs and took it on it's test drive......and what do I find out.....the transmission is junk.....it slips and slams into gear......really not happy.....

Will call the place I got this "low milage eng and trans" tomorrow......this is why I rarely do eng in my shop for customers..

This just sucks...

Check-in tomorrow....

MKP :-)

Reminds me of replacing a 350 in a 1 ton chevy truck first one ran great but 30 minutes in the oil pressure drops to ZERO,  go to the dealer he checks it out orders replacement, paint and install replacement and same thing happens, install 3rd motor and all is well

turns out there were cracks in the oil journals in the blocks they missed when rebuilding, I dont recall even hearing an apology

Hope the van project gets better, definitely know how you feel, I absolutely hate an automatic transmission and have made a vow to never buy 1 again, Seems you always hear about them failing, I would MUCH rather replace a clutch pressure plate

Good luck with it  :)

• Like 4

Funny that I never liked Leonardo but he was an ok guy last night.....till he took the second shot away.

I think the name Prolly on the vodka came from Duke Spinner who use to be here on the forum.  He always abbreviated probably like that....never saw that before.

• Like 4