Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 6/21/2023 at 8:53 AM, grasshopper said:

R/H is still low... single digits

It can be that low? 🙄

Ours is in the 90s right now. Been in the mid 60s R/H, but it's jumped the past couple of days.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

Must be a tough haul back from the grocery store. 🙄

No .....the inhabitans are quiet mobile with electronical bicyles , they have a milkman serving fresh milk in bottles every day with their bicyles , the tourists can walk into the restaurants and you´ve never seen transport bicycles for people and all kind of things ?

Cargo-Bikes-fur-den-Personentransport-Van-Raam.jpg.2781f66a5dd5154209eef7a6e74c514b.jpg

24134697-das-transport-bike-von-butschers-bicycles-2qk7WlBA07fe.thumb.jpg.d05c706d2ab9ca262b32ad7895d24f30.jpg

• Like 2

We hava a temperature drop from 98F down to 60F within less than 8 hours,  an incredibly strong wind and massive rainfall last night , a real thunderstorm. It´s 7 30. am here and its quiet outside. Got my first mug. Wind and rain are gone. My son has summer vacations now , till end of august. Hope that he will not waste the whole time sitting 18 hours a day in front of his high end pc station with two 25" curved screens. If so ..I can´t change it . His school certificate was quiet good , he´s a good son , the only thing I want is that he shell get more in touch with the real world instead of the virtual world. As I´m off still..let´s see what the day brings ....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

We hava a temperature drop from 98F down to 60F within less than 8 hours,

That's a typical overnight temp drop here. I count on it. We have no cooling in our house. We open the windows and doors at night and close the house up as soon as the temp is warmer out than in.... that would be shortly after sunrise. We might turn a fan on mid-afternoon.

Phoenix ... well... a different story. w/o A/C, there is no life. It "cools down" to 90`.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grasshopper said:

That's a typical overnight temp drop here. I count on it. We have no cooling in our house. We open the windows and doors at night and close the house up as soon as the temp is warmer out than in.... that would be shortly after sunrise. We might turn a fan on mid-afternoon.

Phoenix ... well... a different story. w/o A/C, there is no life. It "cools down" to 90`.

Why the great temp swing from your place to Phoenix? Is it Phoenix sitting in a “valley”?

2 hours ago, richieb said:

Why the great temp swing from your place to Phoenix? Is it Phoenix sitting in a “valley”?

Phoenix is in the low desert ~ 1100ft. Lot more pavement and buildings and a certain amount of irrigation.

I'm at 3700ft, in a cold air drainage, it is 5` warmer just up the hill.... in an "isolated" area.  

• Like 2

@MicroMara yea the t-storms have always dropped the temps a good bit when they are strong. It doesn't last long like when a tropical system does it. Don't have the daily big temperature swings like the desert regions.

Seems like when I was younger the afternoon storms were a lot more violent though. Rarely do we get the 60 mph gusts that took down healthy trees & limbs often then. It is nice not to have to cut up and carry out the debris so I don't mind!

• Like 3

Back from 3 days w/the grands at their house while my daughter and live-in are at some National bowling tourney in Vegas til Sunday.  Got relieved @ noon by PBH aka the Psycho  _*T(# from H3ll.  Needlesss to say, they were on auto-pilot til she rolled in.  My Grandson was up @7 playing Fortnite and my grandaughter still checkin her eyelides for holes when I left.  Woke up every morning covered in cat hair from the couch.  Yuk! Survived it though.  :)

Lil bit of rain so far today.  Clueless as to any news since they run Roku or something.  I feel your pain @MicroMara the entire family sits in front of the puter 24/7.  Wild!

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I feel your pain @MicroMara the entire family sits in front of the puter 24/7.  Wild!

it´s too much , Isn´t that strange , humans waste their time in front of tv screens, computer, screens, smartphone screens, tablet screens , seeking infomation, entertainment and games 24/7- 7/30-  30/12 ...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

t’s felt like non stop rain all week so this moment of sunshine this evening provided some welcome relief.

Wish I had your view here.  Ohio is waaaay too flat w/cornfields everywhere.  Ugh!  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Wish I had your view here.  Ohio is waaaay too flat w/cornfields everywhere.  Ugh!  

I'm spying on two places west of the Blue Ridge Parkway right now. Not $$ cabins or real beauties but they would both do for my next 25 years or so! Each has over an acre.

• Like 4