Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

@dirtmudd

Mike,

that is worthy of @DizRotus

I need to do a little shopping, but would rather go fishing.... and wondering if I can do both in one day.   I get my buddy a duck for Christmas, traditionally and wife dinna get by the grocery. Wally doesn't seem to carry them down here. We have Christmas dinner covered...turkey.... I need to see what big meat is available for NewYear's.  Getting to like having prime rib for that...

I could have saved a couple bucks when I ordered my speakers... but, I got them from Klipsch instead of amazon, Amazon doesn't need my money to survive. Had to pay a sales tax that I don't think amazon charges...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No need to thread lock.  Try duck duck go, no telling if google will let you find it.  Controversial stuff should go in another thread so we can keep this long runner going.

No need.  It’s not that interesting to me, but I felt a bit cheated when the promised video instead linked to a stock loop of rush hour in India.

Thanks for the tip, though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldtimer said:

That looks pretty interesting.  I heard a half-hour interview with Alex Winter on CBC Radio last week.  He’s really enthusiastic about the project.  One thing struck me as strange:  there was not a peep about Dweezil, who’s been faithfully playing his father’s music for a few years now.  I’ve seen Dweezil doing his Zappa plays Zappa show a couple of times here in Victoria, and he hangs around after the show to meet the fans.  He even gave away a guitar as a door prize at the first concert.  He’s a really cool and gentle guy.

When the lucky winner made his way to the stage, Dweezil asked him if he played, and he replied No.  Dweezil then said, “You will tonight.”  Dweezil showed him how to position his fingers to produce a proper chord, then told the guy to keep his fingers there and just start strumming.  As he did, the band joined in, and played a whole song with him, while he maintained a death grip on that chord.  It really was a magic five or ten minutes.  It was a nice guitar, too, a higher end Hagstrom.

When I say Dweezil plays his dad’s music faithfully, I mean note for note.  He plays a whole concert with not a single mistake, and he has most of the Mothers with him, including Ruth Underwood on vibes and percussion.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, babadono said:

saw this butt head and cuomo-homo laughing it up about how many people they've killed this past year. the hypocrisy just reeks.

Please be sure to post where they are "joking" about killing people, instead of how they would be bad actors while filming a vaccine PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

13 hours ago, babadono said:

A Silicon Valley Christmas Tale | TechCrunch

And what about this guy? WTF makes him an expert on infectious diseases. I say STFU and go count your money or something.

How much have YOU donated to virus and vaccine research?  I guess you've traveled around the world learning and doing your best to help those less fortunate?  What exactly gives you the right to criticize what he and his foundations have done?  

59 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No need to thread lock.  Try duck duck go, no telling if google will let you find it.  Controversial stuff should go in another thread so we can keep this long runner going.

Yep, Google is definitely part of the grand conspiracy, not to be trusted.

So, I guess you're a moderator now?  Oh, wait......

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

So, I guess you're a moderator now? 

Nope, I gave that up, but you knew that.  Just making suggestions to try to keep this thread open.  It's the longest running and most prolific thread on the forum because it stays light hearted and avoids sensitive topics.  Why some people feel the need to interject them here is beyond me. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Islander said:

The bigger the better!  Bigger speaker cables=bigger sound!

That should stir up something.

Sure you guys will get what's coming to you.

But, for heaven's sake, do not forget the women.

That is, if you want peace in the new year.

Don't be like me...😪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Okay, I’ll take the bait - lower sixties yesterday, took the S1000R for blast on some different country roads at the new place. Refreshing to see some new terrain and actually found some 93 octane No ethanol. Thought the best way to circulate through the system was a blast or two into triple digits. Which on this machine don’t take long — let her eat — 

• Like 5