PLEASE READ: Exploratory Moderator Nomination Thread

Chad

Daddy Dee would probably make a fine moderator.

I'm also intrigued by a 'forum power couple' of dtel and dtel's wife!

We just might see them mentioned in the next Huffington Post article along with these other 'power couples.'

Melinda and Bill Gates

Alan Greenspan and Andrea Mitchell

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith

Victoria and David Beckham

Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles

Rupert Murdoch and Wendi Deng Murdoch

Les Moonves & Julie Chen

Barry Diller and Diane Von Furstenberg

Barack and Michelle Obama

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt

other noteworthy couples include:

The Captain and Tennille

Sonny & Cher

Shields and Yarnell

England Dan and John Ford Cooley

Bonnie and Clyde

Antony and Cleopatra

Halderman and Ehrlichman

Gilbert and Sullivan

Napoleon and Josephine

I'm sure there are others

Thanks for the list, Chad. It is helpful. I've had only a little exposure to the other moderators and we really need to seek each others advice at times. As you and some others know, I only act in obvious, egregious issues, but sometimes even those are a bit hard to call. Had a case recently where I was called on the phone by an anxious and well regarded member who had accidently posted something he did not intend to and was desperate to get it fixed. You weren't available but luckily he got through.

For those who are nominated, please consider carefully. I kept the actual extent of the abilities granted to me secret for years as I my main focus here is to just enjoy the forum. I didn't...and don't...want to be regarded as a threat. Calls can be difficult, and when they are too much I just PM Chad, and previously Amy. It is their job to break heads and such when it has to be done.

Also, Chad, you need to explain to them how to use the Moderator CP. I exchanged emails with another moderator here recently and he wasn't even aware of it. It's nice when it is kept up to date and we know all is well in Klipschland.

Dave

Was that prior to the "Spam Patrol" signage was attached to your name?

Nope. Just that it is, in effect, more moderator than just patrolling for spam. However, over the years I've become OK as it seems most have found I leave anything other than obvious issues, whether spam or completely out of bounds behavior, to the "real" police. Heck, I rarely act on anything on my own except spam until someone makes a report. As has been mentioned, this is probably the most self-policed, civilized forum on the net.

It wasn't always that way. The reason I always referred to Amy as "the sheriff" is that when she came to town she cleaned out the habitual offenders and went through the rough characters like crap through a goose. Then she appointed a few deputies and took it easy other than to check in from time to time. Been right peaceful ever since...

Dave

No, it definitely wasn't satire. You have a way of "diffusing situations". You have reigened me in a time or two......

Maybe a time or two, or three? ;):D

I just like for our family to be more like "bickering siblings" :( than a full blown "family feud" :angry: .

Bill

• Administrators

Oh one thing I also forgot, Moderators also get access to the "Chat" tab :emotion-46:

WE need the chat tab...please????

I'd love to open it up for everyone, but it's kinda a server resource hog. :unsure:

• Like 2

dtel carlooch marvel daddy dee
I was trying to stay under the radar... but I would be willing to help. Not sure how effective I would be.

Bruce

Key word is willing. Thinking you would keep me from going too far afield. I tend to trust the folk here with judgment.