Superbowl 50 - 2016

wvu80

Why didn't Cam drop down on the football when he fumbled it. That was weird to say the least.

That is a GREAT point. 

It's real fun to be "Superman" and do all the posing for the cameras, but when YOU FUMBLE THE BALL and you have a chance to recover it, you back away and let the other team take control?  At the end of the game?  IN THE SUPER BOWL???  :wacko:

Pretty much assured that Johnny Football will be cut from the Browns around March something. His father said that he thinks Johnny might not live another year. That means dead. And that's pretty permanent.

It looks like the Panthers are being outsmarted by the Denver Broncos so far. I listen to old rock and roll while the sound is muted on the TV with captions.

JJK

I would have to say that his father is more f*cked up than he is if that's what his father said. To watch someone spiral down is terrible, for it to be your family and be so cavalier about it, says a lot about the family's structure

Doc, you're thoughts?  -Mark

I read the entire story, it's not as bad as it looks in a two sentence blurb.

Johnny's father tried to get him admitted to two rehab places in the last week, and Johnny refused.  The father sounds distraught to me and is fearing the worse for his son as his life has spiraled completely out of control with substance abuse.  I would give the father the benefit of the doubt on this one.

• Like 1

Johnny's father tried to get him admitted to two rehab places in the last week, and Johnny refused. The father sounds distraught to me and is fearing the worse for his son as his life has spiraled completely out of control with substance abuse. I would give the father the benefit of the doubt on this one.

If "Johnny Football" doesn't man up and grow up, he is going to be "Johnny (deflated) Football" and will be forgotten very quickly.  I hope he does straighten up because he is a good athlete and talented and though I don't like to admit it, he is exciting to watch.

Bill

The best music all night? Lady GaGa's National Anthem.

It was amazing to me that Lady Gaga was an accomplished jazz singer going nowhere when she asked her agent about it and he said "switch to rock". Then I saw her with Tony Benet and she was dam good.

JJK

Admittedly I'm a 'homer' when it comes to the Broncos, but DAMN, our guys deserved this one!! Some of the big losers of the night are in the sports media who saturated us with stories about the supposed invincibility of Cam and the Panthers, despite our wins over GB, the Steelers and NE. included in that is Phil Simms who kept up the babbling into at least the 2d quarter.

Cheers guys.

• Like 5

The best music all night? Lady GaGa's National Anthem.

It was amazing to me that Lady Gaga was an accomplished jazz singer going nowhere when she asked her agent about it and he said "switch to rock". Then I saw her with Tony Benet and she was dam good.

JJK

She's also trained in opera.  Tamar Braxon's (Vince) husband is one of her Manager/producers. 

Well i'll find out on my way to having a good Monday, we are only talkin a grand plus give or take the best we figure it :emotion-21:

It's a good day when your team wins.  :)

It's a GREAT day when you win!  :D

No favored team, Numbers came up on the final score, longest 3 or 4 min of our life's NOT wanting that score to change!!!!

Why didn't Cam drop down on the football when he fumbled it. That was weird to say the least.

That is a GREAT point. 

It's real fun to be "Superman" and do all the posing for the cameras, but when YOU FUMBLE THE BALL and you have a chance to recover it, you back away and let the other team take control?  At the end of the game?  IN THE SUPER BOWL???  :wacko:

I think that young man was riled. When 11 other large human beings are putting it to you, you tend to get shook up. Cam and the Panthers have nothing to hang their heads about, they'll be back. They just got out coached/played yesterday.

I didn't realize Denver's defense was that solid up front, wow.

Cut Cam some slack. He's not a product of white privilege and he's still pretty young. You can tell he feels like he failed his team, and then he has to put up with the inane questions from the media - and what's up with the tacky venue for the post game interviews? If you'll watch his eyes, you can tell he's looking over towards the exuberant sounds of the Denver players being interviewed 30 feet away. He's used to carrying a team - yesterday he was reminded that he's not "Superman".

Offensive play calling in the second half was terrible. When you only have 3 seconds to unload the ball, you use slants, quick outs, etc. It's like they didn't have a clue on how deal with the blitz.

• Like 1