What I Got Today!

Brac

What western digital hard drive did you go with, thats a fairly large power supply.  What all are your plans to do with this, by the sounds you will be using it to control or run Audyssey Pro.

WD WD10EZEX SATA6G R

I bought the power supply a short time ago when mine failed so I went with "MORE POWER"

This PC is a net cruiser and Office 2013 machine.I use it to connect to my Marantz Pre/pro for calibration.

My current PC is 12 years old and had horrible latency where I couldn't listen to a song or video without stuttering.

Yes, I could have formatted the drive and restored but hey, it's 12 years old....MORE POWER. I know, more than I need. I am negotiating with my son to swap this i7 for his i5 processor since he is the gamer.

I'll clean the old one up and gift to my 10 yo daughter who is living with a gifted HP laptop.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

Glad you saved it from further damage!  Nice find.

+1 Did the ammo cans come with them?  :D

Nope but they did come from Ammo. They were destined for DRMO before being salvaged.  I was a Munitions troop in the A.F. for 8 yrs. I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!

Edited by finallygotmyheresies

It's been a interesting week for me. I started it with 2 Forte II's that I have been contemplating getting rid of to now having 3 II's and 2 original Forte's. Both tweeters were bad on these and the cabs need some love but I think they will work nicely as surrounds for my Forte II front stage.

post-36875-0-96620000-1424631337_thumb.j

Edited by finallygotmyheresies
  • Like 1

Gary, the Kronos is what we spec for our passenger-band on the Cruise to the Edge with Yes. We're getting two of them this year, the fellas and gals bring along a digital mellotron, couple mini-moogs, and rack goodies and we play prog rock until the wee hours of the morning. 

• Like 1

It's been a interesting week for me. I started it with 2 Forte II's that I have been contemplating getting rid of to now having 3 II's and 2 original Forte's. Both tweeters were bad on these and the cabs need some love but I think they will work nicely as surrounds for my Forte II front stage.

And for you - Speaker Repair Merit Badge! 

Hey there Marvel AND Colter!, sorry for being so behind on getting back, thank you for the comments...   The M1, it was the start of the whole 'workstation' wave that came after it.   Leave it to Korg of whom I have had a relationship with since 1976.....   ^_^

That is cool Colter.  New Mellotrons and Mini's, love it! :)  

I have enjoyed my 2004 Triton Extreme 76 for all these years, but it was finally time to upgrade to the latest and greatest, as it is said, the Kronos is the 'Rolls Royce' of workstations PERIOD!   This one is all updated now to the 2015 specs of the latest release (3rd gen.) and has the 62 gig. solid state drive / 3 gig of RAM...   I am still programing it and it should be ready for our first show coming up March 10th.  I downloaded the Hammond Organ set from Ksounds, which offers a MUCH more convincing Leslie effect then the stock version.   Not quite my Hammond SK-2, but a close second...

The other workstation in this rig is which is filled with all the orchestral 'boards' at great expense is the Roland Fantom X 7...   In the Neil Diamond show band, I am one of eight musicians including another keyboardist.  We have to cover all the symphonic and brass arrangements as well as the synth stuff...

Here in the studio are some vintage items you know well I'm sure.......

The real gem is a 50th anniversary Voyager....and what makes it special is its being one of only 100 that were personally signed by Bob himself ^_^ , and this one was in the last group of 25 down the assy. line...I could NOT pass it up :D

Also here, is a 1971 Arp 2600.  A 1978 Korg MS-20 and SQ-10 seq. bought brand new back in the day as well as a 1979 Yamaha CS-60 !  (that thing was big money back then!).

Ok, sorry to hog up the band width...  but you just got me on a roll ;)

All for now..

..........Gary

• Like 1

Picked up the RF/C-3 II's that I picked off CL today.  They've replaced their younger RF-25 and RC-35 brothers in the living room.  That room is now entirely an RF-3 setup as well as my own room.  Save for a little dust and dirt, they were in great shape for their age and a CL buy.  If you look at one of the pics you can make out a KSW-15 I picked off CL last year for $100 as well.

post-58712-0-97700000-1425259791_thumb.jpost-58712-0-25060000-1425259816_thumb.jpost-58712-0-76660000-1425259825_thumb.jpost-58712-0-59780000-1425259833_thumb.jpost-58712-0-91260000-1425259841_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nothing for me, fed x two day shipping was supposed to be yesterday, still not here. The wife called  them last night and they said it must be the weather, there was some fog, sorry.

Never seem to have that problem with UPS.

It's just something for work glad it's not anything exciting.

Edit ; it was finally delivered, It even said on the sticker it should have delivered yesterday, I guess 3 day's is the new 2 day delivery ?  Probably should just be glad it came at all.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!