What I Got Today!

Brac

Stuff just got real.  Speakerpower SP1-4000.  4,000 watts of American made power into 2 ohms, for 6 seconds straight, even at 20 hz.  Can do 5,200 watts short term apparently.  Even when pulling back they only drop 3 db.  I guess I was under the impression that it was American made parts as well, but clearly you can still see the word "China" if you look real hard.   :unsure: 

20160226_103852_zpsxzbev0mh.jpg

20160226_104006_zpsotxrlnzb.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 2

A3BE4CC3-3E6D-4DD3-A980-AFE26A1CB4A8_zps

Got this a couple days ago, read it needs a few hour under its belt before it really shines, but my initial impression is I can definitely tell a difference! I can hear little nuances in the bass department I hadn't heard before, same goes for vocals, but the most noticeable is the bass. I play most of my stuff through my Apple TV atm so this seems to be a really good match for it thus far! For those interested it came pre-installed with the upgraded opa627 OpAmps.

Edited by Shodrewken
  • Like 1

Yamaha R-N500 arrived today for the remodeled office, along with a 5 TB SSHDD that we'll be using on the home/office server. Earlier this month two power conditioner racks came, and late last year the new main CPU showed up. Next week will see the new UPS tower. One we get the a few new chairs, new desks, shelving and corkboard, we'll be tearing the office up. Replacing all of the outlets with 20A outlets (the old ones are 15, upside down, not grounded and probably not to code), and replacing the lights with recessed LED's that were donated.

Might be something I need to do a before and after on.

Got my 13 year old Autistic son to the surgery center this morning.

It turns out that the Autism school he attends was playing with soybeans for some tactile stimulation and either he or one of his class mates shoved a soybean in his right ear up to his ear drum. the ENT Doctor had tried last night, but it was clear up against the bone and he had to put him under.

Everything turned out ok thank god, but I hope the school plans on picking up the bill the next time :)

Roger

• Like 8

Yamaha R-N500 arrived today for the remodeled office, along with a 5 TB SSHDD that we'll be using on the home/office server. Earlier this month two power conditioner racks came, and late last year the new main CPU showed up. Next week will see the new UPS tower. One we get the a few new chairs, new desks, shelving and corkboard, we'll be tearing the office up. Replacing all of the outlets with 20A outlets (the old ones are 15, upside down, not grounded and probably not to code), and replacing the lights with recessed LED's that were donated.

GEEK ALERT!!

• Like 2

Stuff just got real.  Speakerpower SP1-4000.  4,000 watts of American made power into 2 ohms, for 6 seconds straight, even at 20 hz.  Can do 5,200 watts short term apparently.  Even when pulling back they only drop 3 db.  I guess I was under the impression that it was American made parts as well, but clearly you can still see the word "China" if you look real hard.   :unsure:

Where did you get such a beast, and what are you going to do with it?

Edited by wvu80

GEEK ALERT!!

Shhhhhhhh... :P

• Like 1

It turns out that the Autism school he attends was playing with soybeans for some tactile stimulation and either he or one of his class mates shoved a soybean in his right ear up to his ear drum. the ENT Doctor had tried last night, but it was clear up against the bone and he had to put him under.

Everything turned out ok thank god, but I hope the school plans on picking up the bill the next time :)

Roger

similar thing happened to one of my kids when they were young (about 6 years old). stuck a bead in her ear and the ER doc couldn’t get it out. i’ll never forget before they put her under, she was hugging her stuffed animal. I asked her if she was scared, she said “no; but, my bear is a little scared."

• Like 3

Pics - cause it did happen btw...

These are of the two power strips and the amp, the laptop and HDD are behind the power supplies. Looks out of place right now since it isn't in a rack. I'm hoping the week after next to get my hands dirty with this stuff.

post-58712-0-77340000-1456560995_thumb.jpost-58712-0-52340000-1456561005_thumb.jpost-58712-0-46700000-1456561011_thumb.j

• Like 1

Roger

I'm glad everything is OK. That can be scary stuff as a dad. 

• Like 1

Roger

I'm glad everything is OK. That can be scary stuff as a dad. 

And scary for a kid too. 

Glad it turned out ok.

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!