Freedom of Speech?

Jeff Matthews

"The headteacher of a US school has been sacked after telling a parent he would remain neutral on whether or not the Holocaust happened."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48927322

Just wondering where it ends.  Should schools be able to fire teachers for believing the moon landing could have been staged?  It's an interesting area in no-man's land.

59 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

"The headteacher of a US school has been sacked after telling a parent he would remain neutral on whether or not the Holocaust happened."

Just wondering where it ends.  Should schools be able to fire teachers for believing the moon landing could have been staged?  It's an interesting area in no-man's land.

Hmm...This will be the second post you've brought up the Holocaust in comparison with something that seems totally inadequate. 😕 Debating a multimillion mass murder starting from it didn't happen seems ludicrous  given the evidence while "being neutral" on the moon landing seems more benign, imo.  

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

Hmm...This will be the second post you've brought up the Holocaust in comparison with something that seems totally inadequate. 😕 Debating a multimillion mass murder starting from it didn't happen seems ludicrous  given the evidence while "being neutral" on the moon landing seems more benign, imo.  

Right.  It's interesting to ponder.  Just where should a line be drawn when it comes to freedom of speech/thought?  Moon landings are okay, but holocausts are off-limits?  Serious question.

3 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Cannot say whether it is a historical fact? Perhaps the entire war did not happen. Perhaps all the graves on the beaches of Normandy are not really there. Ask the people in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Jeesh. He IS delusional.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It will continue as long as Political correctness rules the day.  (the people in this country have got exactly what they have allowed to happen) I get sick to my stomach every time I watch the news. I rarely watch television anymore, when I do it only acts as an antagonist that sends me on a rant

I will bet this will be locked very soon...................

• Thanks 1

I will take the word of Dwight David Eisenhower on this. His comments have proved to be quite prophetic:

"Get it all on record now-get the films-get the witnesses-because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say this never happened."

General Dwight D. Eisenhower.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It ends when people start living in reality.  In this situation, Dumb did get fixed here.    Good  news for Spanish River district.

55 minutes ago, Max2 said:

It ends when people start living in reality.  In this situation, Dumb did get fixed here.    Good  news for Spanish River district.

I understand the gist of your point, but it still all comes down to, "I know it when I see it." Case in point: there is a rather large constituency that claims climate change opponents aren't living in reality.

Jeff, we have covered this before.  Disregarding the obvious facts of both the war and the moon landing (there is a good show on cable right now called Truth Behind the Moon Landing on the science channel) free speech in this country only means the federal government is constitutionally prohibited from prosecution and incarceration of a citizen for exercising the right.  It does not by any means prohibit the right of one's employer to fire you for something you say.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

I tried to do something similar but a certain person's twitter account does the same for me...Imo, don't pay attention to the pundits but what is actually coming out of the horses mouth...

=== you got the wrong end of the horse — red or blue —

• Haha 1