Corona Virus Disease/(SARS-CoV-2) II

CECAA850

18 hours ago, Randyh said:

all businesses are closed in Canada by the Gvnmt unless essential

Not quite true, unless you call beer, liquor, pot?POT!, auto parts stores and many more essential.

Sorry, your post is now 18 hrs. old. I'm going with what Ford in Ontario announced today.

Seems like everything is essential.

51 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I know.

I can emphatically say that I know this NM couple as well as you do. Which is to say... not at all. Now, loaded with the same amount of knowledge of this specific couple that you have, I can just as easily posit that they have made nothing but wise and satisfying decisions throughout their whole life. Until they hitched up to this non expert. And took his 'advice'. And that was their downfall. That is no more innacurate than what you post about them. And a lot more humane. Why do people think they know so much about what and whom they do NOT KNOW?

27 minutes ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Check out the Philadelphia parade of 1918.

I googled it.  Here is an excerpt: 

The city sought to sell bonds to pay for the war effort, while bringing its citizens together during the infamous pandemic

aircraft hull An aircraft hull travels the parade route in Philadelphia (U.S. Naval History and Heritage Command Photograph)

Within 72 hours of the parade, every bed in Philadelphia’s 31 hospitals was filled. In the week ending October 5, some 2,600 people in Philadelphia had died from the flu or its complications. A week later, that number rose to more than 4,500. With many of the city’s health professionals pressed into military service, Philadelphia was unprepared for this deluge of death.

Attempting to slow the carnage, city leaders essentially closed down Philadelphia. On October 3, officials shuttered most public spaces – including schools, churches, theaters and pool halls. But the calamity was relentless. Understaffed hospitals were crippled. Morgues and undertakers could not keep pace with demand. Grieving families had to bury their own dead. Casket prices skyrocketed. The phrase “bodies stacked like cordwood” became a common refrain. And news reports and rumors soon spread that the Germans –the “Huns” – had unleashed the epidemic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Until they hitched up to this non expert. And took his 'advice'. And that was their downfall.

Don't speak in BS, who are you referring to that advised them to take, chloroquine phosphate?  Please put up the video so we all know who and what they actually said.  This story was what, 10 hours ago, so by now, I'm sure there are thousands of deaths that have been caused by this secret teller of lies.  

48 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

I can emphatically say that I know this NM couple as well as you do. Which is to say... not at all. Now, loaded with the same amount of knowledge of this specific couple that you have, I can just as easily posit that they have made nothing but wise and satisfying decisions throughout their whole life. Until they hitched up to this non expert. And took his 'advice'. And that was their downfall. That is no more innacurate than what you post about them. And a lot more humane. Why do people think they know so much about what and whom they do NOT KNOW?

Yes.  We know them not and can only judge them by their actons which were stupid.

I'm with Pete on this one.  Please post the video they saw so we can judge for ourselves.

34 minutes ago, Pete H said:

This story was what, 10 hours ago, so by now, I'm sure there are thousands of deaths that have been caused by this secret teller of lies.  

Certainly you're not implying, God forbid, that thousands around the country used common sense and didn't eat aquarium cleaner?

• Haha 2

Dateline Atlanta: MARTA will suspend collection of fares on buses beginning Thursday and will take other steps as it seeks ways to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Yep, that should make sure that the social distancing occurs. I lived there and know the local mindset. F' it's free; ride on!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seadog said:

Dallas county entered a mandatory shelter in place lock down at midnight last night.  Tarrant county (Fort Worth) starts tonight at midnight.  Interestingly, liquor stores are on the list of essential retail.

Med MJ Dispensaries are still open in Texarkana. No good for the virus but might as well die happy.

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On a positive note, I was delivering a small paycheck to our salesperson.  The phone GPS took me a strangely circuitous route for more than a mile through neighborhoods.  I knew there was a more direct way, but I enjoyed the diversion.

At 4pm, it was relatively warm and sunny for a spring day in southeast Michigan.  I was pleased to see many fathers outside playing with their young children.  It may be hard to see this now, but the young children are forming memories of playing with their dads during the day, during the week.  They will fondly tell stories about the pandemic someday.

Look for the good.  It’s there if you’re open to seeing it.

I say this while my wife is 30 minutes away “locked down” with her 96 yo mother.  She can’t leave her sick mother; if she does, she shouldn’t return.  She’s there until her mother gets well—unlikely—or dies, which is more likely.  But for the pandemic, she would not have TIME to be with her mother.  But for the pandemic, her mother would be dying in a hospital, rather than in her own home surrounded by her daughters.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I said I wasn't. 

But I don't speak for @dtel, @dtel's wife, @Mallette, @Chad, @Chief bonehead, who knows what they may do. 

I didn't go through the whole thing, and yes, it's veered south several times...but I'd just suggest that all posting stick to the topic, both serious and humorous (being under self quarantine and only out in the yard for 6 days, a bit of gallows humor is welcome) and the mods hide and warn as needed rather that applying the ol' lock. 

Dave

• Like 4