2-Channel Home Audio

Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here.

34533 topics in this forum

1. New pre-amp

• 5 replies
    • 23 replies
  2. WTB, Khorn bass bins

• 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
  3. Tube Amps?

• 14 replies
  4. Ticked Off at Audiogon

• 11 replies
    • 7 replies
  5. Craigs VRD's plus Deans X-OVERs AWESOME 1 2

• 27 replies
    • 3 replies
  6. Shielded Speakers?

• 9 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
  7. Harman Kardon 930

• 14 replies
    • 2.6k views
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  8. Onkyo receivers

• 2 replies
  9. A Peach! 1 2

• 20 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 15 replies
  10. Cartridge Suggestions

• 2 replies
  11. Marantz Tube Crossover?

• 1 reply
  12. Monoblock Joy

• 18 replies
  13. 1960 Cornwalls

• 5 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Free audition if you're interested. No experience with CIV. I like these much better than the C1 I had years ago but from what I have been told, the new CIV is vastly improved from there. 
    • Thank you for your reply. I'm reading a lot of good things on the web about this device.   I have a whole house cat six network connected to my computer. I stream movies from that. Does this unit have an ethernet in port so I can connect to my network & stream music from my computer?
    • I'm in the market for some new speakers. Can't afford Cornwall IV, so I'm wondering how KI-396 compares for sound quality. @MookieStl, yours are local and tempting, but I'd want them in white. Thanks, Greg
    • Yeah, some do it that way.  I think in my 20+ years of selling on e b a y, their shipping labels seemed to be cheaper but that might have changed in the last few years.  Of course, now, they charge their fees on the complete sale including product, tax, and shipping.   Didn't mean to thread crap.  I can delete comments if preferred. 
    • Could assume it's a way to pad the no reserve approach as it shows up as $100 for everyone whether you're down the road or 500 miles away. Seller offers details on this specifically:    "I do not profit on shipping. Once the winner is determined, I will take to shipper and get exact pricing. My listing will probably have a higher than actual price for shipping because some people don’t read this and pay immediately. This way I can just return the difference after the fact."        
    • Why is shipping showing up so high on ebay?  Like $100 for shipping those crossovers when I went to look just now.  Interesting as I'm just down the road from you in Searcy.  (I'm not in on buying...just noticed when I looked)  Just curious....    GLWS!  Great crossovers from Dean
    • looking at a set of cornwalls, SN's 168753 and 168734--    It doesnt seem to line up with the chart, the format points toward a 1990-1997 range but that does not make sense     
    • I made it down to Asheville last night for an awesome hardcore punk/alternative metal show.   Cro-Mags opened for Helmet. Both bands were super tight and had a great stage presence.   Primus played in Asheville the night before and my buddy who made it to both shows said it was like being back in the early 90’s.      
    • Price reduced.  This is a great price for these speakers.