2-Channel Home Audio

Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here.

34537 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. F/S Fortes in Indiana

• 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
  2. Pagin Dean again

• 0 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. Paging DeanG

• 1 reply
    • 9 replies
  4. Classical talk (long) 1 2

• 30 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 10 replies
  5. Used Genelec prices

• 12 replies
  6. Member LP Trades and gifts! 1 2

• 30 replies
  7. Marantz SA 8260 SACD

• 3 replies
    • 62 replies
    • 19 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. OT: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PICKY!

• 10 replies
  9. KlipCSh La Scala NY

• 5 replies
  10. New name for Tonight 1 2

• 27 replies
  11. Cornwalls on Ebay??

• 2 replies
  12. reel2reel ?

• 14 replies
  • Recent Posts

• From my past experience, hardwired sounds better than wifi which sounds much better than bluetooth. Also just because it says hi-rez don't always mean it sounds better. If a crap master is upscaled to 96k or 192k it will still sound like crap,just hi-rez crap Lascalla's are very revealing, the quality of the original recording/master makes a huge difference. TBH  well recorded/mastered 16bit 44.1/48k files can and do sound fantastic.
    • Yes, there is definitely something wrong in my system. I just need to establish a sequential troubleshooting list to try to track it down.   The Decware Tube amp is brand new.   Yes, I will A/B a wired ethernet connection to see if that makes a difference.   I thought the suggestion that a woofer may be out of phase was a really good and thoughtful suggestion;)   ALK x-overs were bought directly from the grinch who stole Christmas (you all know about Al, I assume)   Any suggestions on a sequential troubleshooting list would be appreciated.   Thanks, bob    
    • Hello- I'm looking for information on what are the materials making the different elements in the front part of the Cornwalls II (of the actual speaker, not the grills). Is there an existing document, or can anyone help with a list?   Thank you
    • @Tim Sr.  I see you sneakin in here now.  😂  Welcome to the "other" side of this place.  It's @Tarheel's brain child and we all try to emulate him.  He never breaks or loses his composure.  A born leader!  Something blows, pour another cuppa, put your feet up, go on line and use that gold card.          85 today and I'm thinking about trimming bushes?  Ummm, no!     
    • https://www.discogs.com/release/29432401-Blind-Guardian-A-Twist-In-The-Myth  
    • No, I don't own a Bottlehead - that's on my bucket list when (and if) I retire.  Still a pipe dream.  I've never owned a Decware amplifier either.  One or other will be paired with AK6s which is also in my wish list for next year.
    • I would love to buy these and will chuck a little extra on if you can box 'em and drop 'em off at FedEx!!!   (aussie over here)
    • I have owned a pair of LaScala's since the late 70's.  They were manufactured in 1975 and 1976 based on how I understand the serial numbers to work (5N132 and 6P738). I used them to help me pay for college (used them for DJing).  For the last number of decades, they have been unused and in various storage locations.  I recently retired and am in the process of cleaning them up and repairing a lot of dings and scratches and delamination of some of the birch veneer.   As I was doing that, I began to wonder about the placement of the tweeter and squawker horns behind that 3/4" plywood front panel. The openings are basically rectangular openings a bit smaller then the horns.   My question to the audiophiles out there is if the sonic characteristics would be better to mount the horns on the surface of the front panel rather then behind the plywood (ignoring how you would do that for a minute).  It would seem that the unsmooth transition of the wood stepping in front the horn opening would have an affect on the sound.   Of course I don't have much of a clue about these things - and I don't have any program or anything to model it.  But I am hoping it is something that may have been discussed before or that folks have considered.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Thank you.
    • @edwinr   Have you owned a Decware amplifier?   I see you have a Bottlehead in your picture, is that your current amplifier?