Lounge

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

Rules:

Please keep your discussions civil.

NOTE: Topics covering sensitive issues such as race, religion, or politics have no place here and will be locked by moderators at their discretion. Please refer to the posted Terms of Service for more information.

9992 topics in this forum

• 11 replies
    • 3 replies
  1. Fini's tip of the day!

• 0 replies
    • 9 replies
  2. Die Another Day

• 1 reply
    • 0 replies
  3. Onboard Sound

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
  4. Momento

• 9 replies
    • 22 replies
  5. Best Live Recording?

• 1 reply
    • 9 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 7 replies
  6. Best Demo?

• 4 replies
  7. Simply The Worst ??

• 3 replies
    • 14 replies
  8. Sub floor shaker DVD

• 4 replies
  9. Red Dragon

• 11 replies
    • 0 replies
  10. Steve Earle

• 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  11. BOOM!

• 1 reply
  12. Saving Private Ryan

• 11 replies
  13. A Beautiful Mind

• 3 replies
  • Recent Posts

• @Babet Double check that your speaker wire polarity is correct, before trying to change anything. Make sure the positive and negative wires are attached to the proper terminals at the amp and the speakers. If one speaker is out of phase, that condition will reduce the bass response.
    • The 15 does stand for a 15" woofer.  Early on a few were built with 12" woofers.  Without reviewing 100's of pages of records in detail, it appear at first glance that none were done after about 1963.  I've never seen one.
    • To see previous and current transactions, I would recommend monitoring https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/forum/63-garage-sale/, as well as eBay.  We have mid-50's stock Khorns playing in our visitors Center.  They always impress, so 1969 should be, at the least, "respectable".  Considering that new ones are $18,000, I wouldn't think they should go for less than $2000 each, assuming they are in good condition.  But current value is not my forte (pun intended).
    • I don’t see any pics so can’t comment on the condition or finish.
    • Actually in that era 15 on the tag just meant it had a 15” woofer.  
    • No, they are the best balanced bike I’ve ever ridden.  Steering is super quick, the suspension responds instantly to any bumps.  
    • This may just be me, and though I have never heard the new Jubilees in person to compare to, I have to say that every video recorded demo I have watched, they sound fantastic. Probably one of the best sounds I have heard and I don't pay too much attention to these demos, but those, they're different. 
    • I thought the same thing, though I did think that mid bass in the LS sounded more defined.  
    • Thanks!   I too owned MC30s which I sold many, many years ago.  I liked them enough but really didn't use them and, at the time, preferred having the cash (June 1988).  I've reworked a few pair of MC30s and have done a few chassis replacements on other McIntosh amps, but this was the first MC30 with a chassis replacement.  I have a pair of MC40s in the que for the same.  
    • Take the bottom cover off, the factory units are dull, bare metal finish on the underside with ink stamped codes.  The new make are mirror like on the underside and no codes.