Lounge

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

Rules:

Please keep your discussions civil.

NOTE: Topics covering sensitive issues such as race, religion, or politics have no place here and will be locked by moderators at their discretion. Please refer to the posted Terms of Service for more information.

9992 topics in this forum

1. Sacd Review: Toto iv

• 5 replies
    • 1 reply
  2. Sacd Review: Carolking Tapestry

• 0 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. Wireless Networking...

• 5 replies
  4. hdcd's again

• 3 replies
  5. Blade II

• 9 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 15 replies
  6. hdcd

• 0 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 1 reply
  7. Sade

• 4 replies
    • 30 replies
    • 1k views
    • 3 replies
  8. Joe Satriani DVD??

• 0 replies
  9. Kenny Garret: Simpley Said

• 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 8 replies
  10. hey justin

• 2 replies
  11. A must listen CD!

• 1 reply
  12. the fifth element 1 2

• 20 replies
    • 8 replies
  13. Mothman Prophecies

• 8 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Had the first heavy rain coplete with thunder and lightning com thru last nite.  Wondering if a lot of people were thinking the same thing I was?  Hit the gage this morning and had 2 inches.  Cooling down a bit the next few days so that works.    CTook a lil drive last evening and they're getting things back under control in Duckburg.  The tree boys made a killin for sure.  Some big stuff sittin out back of the house off the foundation.  Might be gone by the weekend.     
    • Ever had a Bosch? We don't use ours often..it's just the wife and I. But when we have guests or a dinner party it is nice to have. Quiet and does a great job. Heats the water so hot it does have an electrical drying element. Of course we rinse and remove large food remnants before placing in the machine.
    • OK George & Paul, y'all know me well enough to know I did not take your comments as a sleight!   With how well it worked for me after I got rid of that ort elliptical needle & cart I was just surprised. Did not notice it at all the last time that floating platter record player was talked about here!   Love the almost @Full Range level radical aesthetics. It's George Jetson all the way!!
    • I was watching the one they did outside in my car, another audio friend of mine was getting in when there was some heavy bass. When I told him it was a video of a speaker demo, he was just as impressed as I was.  Just my 2 cents, if a speaker can reproduce well enough that when  a video demo is played back and the sound is that good, I'd say mission accomplished. 
    • Still at $40k I think I'd rather have a new pair. I wish him the best of luck!
    • When we updated our kitchen (removed carpet and dark built in cabinets and electric stove), we added a dishwasher. We've never used it. We both will wash and dry, but they are almost always done before we leave the kitchen.   The largest employer in our county is the Roper Corp., now wholly owned by GE. But hey are owned by Haier, a Chinese company. A friend of mine has worked there his whole life, getting ready to retire. He said the new stoves and appliances they make are the cheapest he has ever seen. They are built here and shipped to China and they make money on them.   His complaining may be sour grapes, but there could be some truth to what he says.
    • Well at almost 2 years, the seller might have realized they were $86K too high.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/304655625433?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=e90001.m162181.l175008&plmtId=700008&mesgId=3024&mkcid=8&ch=osgood&bu=43064868254&trkId=e24da651-e06b-3cf1-baf5-db27489b393a&cnvId=700003&recoId=304655625433&recoPos=1
    • Woot, today's the day.  Not much on the plate so turnin up the gas.  One to unzip and who knows what else.  Might even put a few away but that sounds like work.  Looking at 6 stacks leaning with each being about a 18" long.  Depressing.   I've been eyeing a piece of shelving board about 8 feel long I've saved in the garage.  It's from my original concrete block shelving circa 1962.  Too late to use that and I'm not gonna take a chance but...  There IS the front hallway if I move a bunch of gear and give my oldest a nice oak panel door cabinet she's been craving.  I've had that board since the beginning of it all...  😂   
    • When I see Mr Delgado's youtube again, going to put it here. Heritage Jubilee... Cool