Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

That blue Buick coming off the line with wheels in the air looks somewhat stock.

I've heard about the 455 Stage 1 but damn, that thing is pulling hard.

My first car was a 68' RT 440 Magnum...:^) Sold it to the local junkyard just down the road from that Clermont drive-in for $75.00 due to a knocking main.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Speedball II said:

That blue Buick coming off the line with wheels in the air looks somewhat stock.

My first car was a 68' RT 440 Magnum...:^) Sold it to the local junkyard just down the road from that Clermont drive-in for $75.00 due to a knocking main.

I will be more  than happy to take you for a spirited ride in a 455  Stage 1 car with drag radials on.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Speedball II said:

Sorry to hear that about the Magnum. Brother tuned them and liked them quite a lot. When I say tune, I mean from drilling  on carbs on different cars to adjusting auto-shifts and manual of course, for tight shift times. Linkages

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Speedball II said:

510 ft lbs of torque @ 2800 rpm. Stock:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Man I loved those old Buicks. I had two in my day. 65 Skylark and 67 Skylark. I got the 65 when I was in the Army stationed in El Paso TX. Found it on base, this Major was selling it. It was priced at $900, but when we did the deal he handed me back 50 bucks and said "here it needs some shocks". So I got it for $850. The car had Zero rust because of it's life in the desert.

This car had some really cool stuff: Power windows, A/C, cruise control and electric bench seat. But it only had the small block, 300 cu. When I got back to the East Coast I snagged a 72 Buick Electra with a 455 in it. I had big dreams of making a bad azz Buick. I about wore out the Kenny Bell catalog I had. 

Well, the 455 never made in the car. I ended up selling the car and 455 when I went out the Seattle. Out of all the cool cars I've owned I would love to have that one back again. A few years after I got back from Seattle I called the guy I sold it to. I wanted to see if I could buy it back. He said "ahhhhhh no". He was a Buick collector. He had a barn full of Buicks. He even had the 65 GS Skylark and two Stage 1 cars and a GNX Grand National. The GNX was bran new, only had couple 100 miles on it. He told me the GNX will be worth over double in a few years...... Yup those GNX's get some big coin.

Now my heart is heavy thinking about my old Buick..... oh well time to play some music:P

MKP :-)

• Like 4

On 8/26/2017 at 8:58 AM, Pete H said:

We're getting unbelievable weather here in Ohio.  70's, no humidity and the sun is shinning. 

Yea were also having some great weather here in Md. We had the EV's on the deck yesterday. I messed around in the yard most of the day while The BOSS did her thing. Then in the evening we lit the Tiki torches and relaxed on the deck...... more of the same planed for today;) 

Been catching up on some posts.... The BOSS and I were at the ocean all last week. Went down with two of our friends. They only stayed a couple of days then our youngest daughter came down with her boyfriend. Was a good time.

Check back later.....

• Like 2

@MKP'S BOSS, Used to drive an Electra 225. It was a boat with a smooth ride.. Really dug on all the bells and whistles. The big block and back then you would see the Skylarks more. Bet that 300 had decent pickup alright with all the bells and whistles.  Yes I miss a good ride in comfort.

MKP...:emotion-21:

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, billybob said:

Used to drive an Electra 225. It was a boat with a smooth ride..

A couple years back me and The BOSS went to our local junk yard to get a part. When we pulled into the yard I spotted a 72 225 Electra. This thing was super clean.... like no rust and a spotless interior... even the headliner was in tact. I asked my man Tommy about the car (Tommy runs the yard and he used to have my shop) me and Tommy are cool. He told me some guy drove it in and wanted to sell it. They gave him scrap weight for it:o. I asked Tommy if I could drive it back to the shop and check it over... no problem he said. I checked it over and could not find a reason to "not" buy it. I gave Tommy a 1000 bucks for the boat. We drove it all summer and I took it to a couple local car shows. The only money I put into was a set of hubcaps and alot of gas... Sold it the end of summer for $1400. 

The car was a "strip" model..... No A/C, wind-up windows. The only thing it had was power steering and power brakes.

But it was a fun ride.... I got to drive a Buick with a 455;)

My youngest daughter loved it... she could not believe how big it was.... when she 1st got into it she said "OMG it's like a full size couch lol lol

• Like 2

Lol, I like the story. Guessing the ine I was in was around 76 model. Had to split gas with the owner of company and it never failed me. Boatloads of room and that adjustable practically everything. Can imagine the manual interior. Reminds me of the B-52's Loveshack video: I got a new car and it's as big as a whale". Punch rhar electomatic and set you back some in the seat...:lol: Yes the irony was not lost on me. Driving a monster mo...:emotion-21: Fun car I bet with manual interior, and solid I would think. Sounded like a keeper...

• Like 2

Good afternoon my friends.....  Just got back last evening from my annual trip to see my folks in NC. Instead of putting miles on Chris'  Mariner, I decided this year, we would rent...

MPK, I must tell you, we ended up with a '17 Santa Fe' pretty well loaded, seating for SEVEN !!   AWD and a 290 HP. v6....  6 speed auto/manual shift..  It was quiet, comfortable and had every bit of power my Escape has. But with a bit more room inside...

We returned it this morning...   The most amazing thing was the fact that it got GREAT fuel eco.  !    Our trip home was 12.5 hours actual driving time.   Took many photos of the fuel mileage we were getting.   When it finally settled down about half way home (about 6 hours into the trip), you can see the average (and the trend gauge) for yourself..   It pretty much stayed this way right 'till we got home!   Keep in mind, this thing can tow 5000lbs. !, so it must weigh in over the 3500lbs. of my Escape.

I got some photos when the average ran up to 30.3 mpg. when we here headed down the long hills of the highway, but once we settled on the more equal grades, it went back to 29....  This at 73 mph. with AC and cruise pretty much in continuous use..

Here is a photo..IMG_6656.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good afternoon my friends.....  Just got back last evening from my annual trip to see my folks in NC. Instead of putting miles on Chris'  Mariner, I decided this year, we would rent...

MPK, I must tell you, we ended up with a '17 Santa Fe' pretty well loaded, seating for SEVEN !!   AWD and a 290 HP. v6....  6 speed auto/manual shift..  It was quiet, comfortable and had every bit of power my Escape has. But with a bit more room inside...

We returned it this morning...   The most amazing thing was the fact that it got GREAT fuel eco.  !    Our trip home was 12.5 hours actual driving time.   Took many photos of the fuel mileage we were getting.   When it finally settled down about half way home (about 6 hours into the trip), you can see the average (and the trend gauge) for yourself..   It pretty much stayed this way right 'till we got home!   Keep in mind, this thing can tow 5000lbs. !, so it must weigh in over the 3500lbs. of my Escape.

I got some photos when the average ran up to 30.3 mpg. when we here headed down the long hills of the highway, but once we settled on the more equal grades, it went back to 29....  This at 73 mph. with AC and cruise pretty much in continuous use..

Here is a photo..IMG_6656.jpg

what your driving 35 mph...

learn to use your right foot...

• Like 1