Has anyone here ordered brand new heritage speakers from Klipsch, what has your experience been?

AaronB123

Thank you all for the support they are absolutely amazing! The First album I played was Natalie Merchant Live in New York which is amazing for anyone that hasn't heard it! People are right when they say having the Mid and tweeter horn higher than the La scala's makes a difference and of course the bass response is much better! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wdecho said:

I am looking forward to pictures myself but I am sure he is enjoying his new K-horns too much at the present time to give much thought to a forum.

I bought my LaScala's new in '86 and they have only increased in value over the years instead of like most speaker buys. Klipsch Heritage speakers are as much an investment and not so much as a expenditure. I would not go so far as to say a good investment to increase in value but you have speakers that you can enjoy for many decades that will hold their value as well in your estate instead of some speakers that will most likely just be thrown away or given to some kids. For some it comes down to whether you would rather have money sitting in a bank somewhere or something you can enjoy and still be worth what you paid in the future. Old K-horns bring more now than the original cost when new. I have no regrets of my original purchase of LaScala's decades ago. The WAF is kinda low though. Spouses prefer speakers that are heard and not seen as a rule. 

Ya, you have no idea how many people thought I was absolutely crazy to spend that kind of money on speakers and not just go the used route but I look at it the same way, first of all a new pair will honestly last me the rest of my life and a speaker like this will always be very valuable, especially an anniversary pair. Everyone has their things that bring them joy and nothing gets me more excited than hearing a live performance in my own home whenever I want! 

• Like 4

"....

Everyone has their things that bring them joy and nothing gets me more excited than hearing a live performance in my own home whenever I want! "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely! It looks like they are in a good home.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AaronB123 said:

What's everyone's favorite music to play on their heritage gear? 

Drum and bugle corps.  It's all brass and percussion.  It's like a jazz band x10.  They produce SPL's about 107 db.  Here's a clip of the Blue Devils melting the ears off the front 10 rows, playing Burt Bacharach Forever and Ever.  There are 80 brass horns.  Play it loud.  B)

No, LOUDER:D

23 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

They look great Aaron, I'm glad the 2nd one finally made it. Just out of curiosity, is that a tiny split in the veneer? And you will be catching hell from the people who insist you have them sealed in the corners. Ignore them if you can

Merry Christmas

Mark

The bass bins are sealed from the factory.

• Like 1