What I Got Today!

Brac

Just wondering....do you watch TV with the lights off like that, regularly?

Certainly not all the time, but if watching a movie I typically turn all of the lights off.

I have recessed canned lights that can be dimmed. So for typical viewing I kill the lights for the half of the room where the couches and TV are. Then leave the other half of the room's lights on, but to the dimmest setting. 

• Moderators
I have recessed canned lights that can be dimmed.

Same here, but I did do something else, around the room I put molding similar to crown molding but a little smaller and it is lowered so it is a few inches from the ceiling, there is rope lights behind it on a dimmer switch. It just puts a little light on the ceiling, you can see enough to walk around but not to distract from the Tv. One day I will switch to led's so I can change to different colors also, and there cheaper to run. 

I'd rather be a great shot with a .380 than a poor shot with a .40.

I'm a crack shot with a .40 compared to most people I see. At 25 yards I can hit a 4" steel plate about 80% of the time. 20 yards I can't hardly miss. That's a target the size of a baseball at 3 times the distance that most people practice with silhouettes on.  

Below is what a double tap at 20 yards, while on the clock in a competition, using cheap factory ammo, and a borrowed stock Glock with no trigger job or upgraded sights looks like. :)  In 3-gun there are often optional small steel targets where you can shoot with pistol or target, I can usually make up a bunch of time by swatting them down with a pistol while everybody else is screwing around trying to reload their shotgun.  

I can almost reproduce this if I can slow fire, I'm usually not quite that good when double tapping though.  

1621735_10151994898439401_641273737_n.jp

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

Just wondering....do you watch TV with the lights off like that, regularly?

Certainly not all the time, but if watching a movie I typically turn all of the lights off.

I have recessed canned lights that can be dimmed. So for typical viewing I kill the lights for the half of the room where the couches and TV are. Then leave the other half of the room's lights on, but to the dimmest setting.

These would be my typical viewing conditions while giving you some additional pics of the ambient light behind the TV.

post-51058-0-72640000-1455585981_thumb.j

post-51058-0-34360000-1455586152_thumb.j

Edited by johnnydrama

I just picked up another Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2. Also the local seller threw in a UPA-1 mono block amp. Now I have to find the time to set everything up...

Does your wife know you have the credit card?  :blink::D

You are getting Youthman-esque if you keep up that free UPA-1 stuff with your purchases!  B)

• Like 1

• Moderators

A 3.5mm headphone jack from Monoprice, 20' for $4.39, it's really thick, I don't know how they do it for that price ?

Also a IP-BUS AUX for a Pioneer Super tuner car radio. What it does is plug into the back of the radio and adapts to the 3.5mm jack. This allows anything with a headphone jack to plug into thw radio.

post-9700-0-75120000-1455681067_thumb.jp

post-9700-0-23160000-1455681109_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I got updated crossovers and new diaphragms for my KG4s from Bob Crites. Brought my 26 year old speakers back to life!

Its amazing isn't it.  Though I don't know if I like the titanium diaphragms for the Fortes (maybe I just didn't like the Fortes in general).  The updated crossovers are must.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!