Would "YOU" purchase the "NEW" Cornwall IV or Chorus III

314carpenter

If you could have Klipsch build you one pair, which would you buy?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 pair of speakers from the following choices

• Chorus III
    • Cornwall IV
    • None of the above
  2. 2. Would you be willing to sacrifice the current Forte III from production in 2020 or 2021 to make this happen?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Which of the following Klipsch speakers do you currently own, or have owned in the past? (multiple choice)

• Cornwall I/II/III
    • Chorus I/II
    • Forte I/II/III
    • None of the above

16 minutes ago, geoff. said:

Maybe August 23, 2019 is April 1st on the Mayan calendar?

Yep, I fell for it hook line and sinker I couldn't help myself had to check the Klipsch website and this thread numerous times throughout the day looking for an update.. oh well if something big is in the works I'm sure we'll all hear about it soon enough. 

https://www.klipsch.com/news/klipsch-refreshes-iconic-cornwall-speaker-enthusiasts-get-first-listen-at-rocky-mountain-audio-fest-2019

New features include:

• All new K-702 midrange compression mated to a modified proprietary Tractrix® horn with patented Klipsch Mumps technology for even mid frequencies and consistent sound throughout the listening area.
  • A new high-fidelity, steep slope network, for truer to life sound reproduction with best in class efficiency and power handling.
  • New ports with Tractrix flares that deliver the most efficient, fastest air transfer in their class. The result is reduced port noise and clean, more powerful, punchy bass.
  • A newly designed wide dispersion high frequency phase plug to ensure the last octave matches the coverage pattern of the midrange and high frequency horns.
  • Premium aluminum input panels accommodate large, high-quality speaker cables, while strong binding posts allow for bi-wiring or bi-amping.
  • An updated passive network features premium grade AudioQuest® internal wiring.

The Klipsch Cornwall IV is available in three finishes — satin black ash, American walnut and natural cherry real-wood veneer to complement modern furnishings. As with the entire Klipsch Heritage series, the Cornwall IV speakers are designed and handcrafted in the USA. Each speaker is grain-matched using wood veneer panels from the same timber, resulting in a speaker pair that is virtually indistinguishable from the other.

Klipsch will debut the new speakers for the first time at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Suite # 7154, September 5-8, 2019 in Denver, CO.

The Klipsch Cornwall IV (US MSRP is $2,999 each) is available through Certified Heritage Dealers. For more information on the company and its products, please visit Klipsch.com.

• Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, avguytx said:

So they are an all new mid horn I take it? Wow...$6,000 MSRP. I guess that can help pay for retooling a mid horn....if that's what they did. I'm sure they will sound great.

The 702 is the same horn that's in the forte III been around quite awhile even before the new forte in pro speakers