Klipsch Heresy Owners Group

wuzzzer

Hey, there's an Epic group.  Why not Heresy?  🙂

I'll start:

Currently have three Heresys in an LCR configuration.  Main pair from 1980, HBR.  Replaced network caps with @JEM Performance Audio kit.  Center is 1981 components in a 1985 FB cabinet.  Also has JEM Performance Audio network rebuild kit.

First Heresy pair I owned was a near mint Heresy II pair from 1990.  Beautifully aged Birch Raw.  Purchased them for $100 around 2017.

Second pair I owned had 1981 components in FB cabinets from 1985.  I purchased these from @Shaun K.  Sold one to @blair234me and am using the other one as my center. 

I did also purchase a pair of Heresy III from @Paducah Home Theaterbut returned them.  They just sounded way too laid back for me.  Even my wife, who would be perfectly fine listening to the TV's built-in speakers, said she didn't like how they sounded.

Always on the hunt for a good deal on another pair to complete a 5 channel Heresy setup.

• Like 8

First pair of Klipsch I owned is a pair from 79' in BB with a walnut stain that I paid $350 for.  Unfortunately they were dropped on their way from Seattle to Omaha, so both of them have corners that are dented in the back.  Replaced the caps with Sonicaps, swapped out the black grills with some burlap, and add some angled risers from Crites.  I have plans to refinish them, but for now they are daily drivers in my office.  I was fortunate enough to purchase a third Heresy from the same year and only a few serial numbers off, paid $150 with shipping from Davenport IA.   That single is being used as my center channel between 2 Cornwall IVs (used to be Cornwall Is from 81).  I've always said Heresy's for the right price are hard to beat.  

• Like 2

@wuzzzer, good idea for the MOST IMPORTANT speaker ever made by Klipsch!

My 1980s are documented in thread 1980 Heresy... these are my HT rears.

My 1981 are no longer Klipsch Heresy, rather modified Heresy, close to the super Heresy recipe, these are my mains, HT L/R

For low end the 1981s are supplemented by Velodyne DD10 sealed box, front firing subs. No problem with low end.

We built stands for the Heresy and the subs sit in the bottom of the fronts.E4FDE1B3-0B3A-4965-BC50-083C8A2865D6.thumb.jpeg.fcb7ee6d332a864dfe15bc2734655b1b.jpeg

Hoping to build a set of Heresy clones and use one as centre... currently using two Cambridge Audio Aero  bookshelf 

The Heresy speakers have been with me for 40 years, moved 6 times, never missed a beat. Best value ever.

• Like 5

@Little Wolf the Velodyne receives signal from pre out of whatever amp is driving the Heresy. The Velodyne are powered subs so they take the signal, I use LFE input from amp pre out, and process via their amp. Hope that helps.

if looking for a sub, closed box, front firing is what you want. You do not have to place the sub below the Heresy like I did, mine are that way to save floor space.

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2021 at 4:32 AM, Little Wolf said:

I have space, I have a sub BUT I haven't a pre-out on my 2 channel amplifier.. 😭

I use my sub only with HT amplifier.

I have the same situation, I use a speaker-to-line level convertor (this one: https://www.kicker.com/KISLOC2) .  I simply soldered speaker wire onto the ends of the four wires and used banana plugs off the back of my speakers to get the signal to the convertor.  If you get hiss using the convertor there is a fifth wire on the convertor, solder a wire to that free end and run it back to a screw on your amplifier's chassis. There is a post somewhere on this forum as for the reason for the hiss, IIRC it is because the amp ground is common with the speaker negative terminal, therefore, a differential ground potential develops if the fifth wire isn't connected back to the amp.

• Thanks 1

Mine are walnut Heresy 2's, with Crites Titanium diaphragms. They are in my HT setup (Chorus 1's are in my listening room 😃) with a KSP C6 Center, KSF-S5 rears, & an Emotiva powered sub. Watching a Horn loaded 4K Bluray like "Master & Commander" sounds unbelievably good !!!

20210922_145421_resized_1.jpg

• Like 4

KP250s I just picked up. I have owned heresy I-IV. The KP250s are my personal favorite. Haven't heard a super heresy either.   I was visiting friends in Palm Springs and I checked if anything was around. Low and behold, I found them in excellent condition with original klipsch stands, an amp and speaker wires!   What a deal.   I just ordered Dave A's MAHL/DE10 combo and they will be in route soon.  Crossovers don't sound liek they need to be recapped at all, plenty crisp up top in a good way.   I'll be placing these on top of my PSA V1811 subs and powering them with my hypex amp. Can't wait. Excited about these little guys with the subs. 

00k0k_iYPSff2eQHUz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chorus1 Fan said:

Mine are walnut Heresy 2's, with Crites Titanium diaphragms. They are in my HT setup (Chorus 1's are in my listening room 😃) with a KSP C6 Center, KSF-S5 rears, & an Emotiva powered sub. Watching a Horn loaded 4K Bluray like "Master & Commander" sounds unbelievably good !!!

20210922_145421_resized_1.jpg

You should move your Heresys forward so they're flush with the stand.  As they are now a lot of sound is reflecting from the sides of the stand. 

• Thanks 1

I have a pair of Heresy IIs, from the late '80s I think. The labels were gone when I got them, but I found dated inspection stickers on the inside. They were a gift from my older son. They are black lacquer and sound great. Currently not hooked up to anything, but will soon put them back in play in the living room. Or use them as the mains for the TV when I move the LaScalas to my son's house (The MWMs are for music only, but that could change).

• Like 1

1983 H1's. I replaced the tiny terminal strips with banana plugs and stiffened the back panel with internal ribs. No electrical mods. I use a single KP-250 as a center channel and a non-Klipsch sub. The center channel is used in 3.1 for music that was originally recorded in mono - old jazz and rock. I replaced the grill cloths and bought aftermarket badges because they came without.

• Like 1

Hi,

my Heresy IIIs are my first Klipsch loudspeaker ever.

1121640726_DSC_0009copia.thumb.jpeg.c1b00460c06b4dfc49bde686d5033c09.jpeg

I've had stands built for them to raise their voice to ear level, but aesthetically I like them with their original slanted bases more.

They are paired to:

DSC_0012.thumb.jpeg.a445eaf423729534eeac6cc4c3dcaada.jpeg

an Esoteric K-07Xs CD player and a PrimaLuna Evo 100 amp.

In comparison to the picture they are now more distant from the wall and slightly toed-in. After years of solid state, mainly British audio this system surely is a full immersion into another sonic culture, which I love. My personal impressions on the Klipsch/PL match are to be posted in a dedicated thread.

Thanks,

Max 

• Like 5