What I Got Today!

Brac

initial setup and listening is quite favorable! they pair well with my tube amp. they were a bit tall on the desk, so I removed the bases (4 easy screws each) and rotated to their sides with some ikea cork coasters underneath to lift them up a bit and provide some surface "isolation", much like i had the old Cornwalls with the tweeter on the outside, woofer on the inside, and toed in to the listening position.really nice imaging. they're a little weak on the bass for about 10% of my music collection, but otherwise are perfectly sufficient in that regard. good fit and finish all around.. I'm using them as a near-field desktop solution, but I could see these as a perfectly acceptable component in someone's living room, especially with a hearty subwoofer.

What no camera? -_-

here..

DSCF0484.jpg

Thad, do you game? If so what's your current gaming rig?

initial setup and listening is quite favorable! they pair well with my tube amp. they were a bit tall on the desk, so I removed the bases (4 easy screws each) and rotated to their sides with some ikea cork coasters underneath to lift them up a bit and provide some surface "isolation", much like i had the old Cornwalls with the tweeter on the outside, woofer on the inside, and toed in to the listening position.really nice imaging. they're a little weak on the bass for about 10% of my music collection, but otherwise are perfectly sufficient in that regard. good fit and finish all around.. I'm using them as a near-field desktop solution, but I could see these as a perfectly acceptable component in someone's living room, especially with a hearty subwoofer.

What no camera? -_-

here..

DSCF0484.jpg

Thad, do you game? If so what's your current gaming rig?

I've recently gotten back into it yes. A year ago I bought an Alienware Area 51 off a buddy for cheap which got me going with a core i7 960 (quad 3.2GHz + HT), 6GB RAM, and a GTX 560 video, and a 320GB 10K velociraptor system disk.  I used that for about a year and just recently threw some upgrades at it: 12GB RAM, EVGA GTX 970 video, Samsung EVO SSD, Dell S2716DG gaming monitor, Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum keyboard, Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum mouse, and these speakers. So, not everything is the latest and greatest, but it's definitely performing nicely.

Currently playing WoW. I have pre-ordered No Man's Sky, Hyper Light Drifter, and got a free copy of Tom Clancy's "The Division" whenever it comes out. I played Destiny for a bit on Xbox but got bored. I'm not really into multiplayer FPS games these days but that could certainly change in the future.

Hello newbie here. I just picked up my first pair of Klipsch speakers from a church yesterday and I can't find anything about the model. I hooked one up to an old Kenwood SS amp and it sounded nice, but I would love suggestions on what to power them with. Any help or specs would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 2

those are Pro klipsch Heresy slant monitors.Tthat lay on a stage on there side, which is why they are shaped that way from the top.

Yes, they should sound great, but what a shame they glopped white house paint all over them. You will want to look into replacing all the capacitors in the cross overs as those are probably better than 25 years old.

are all of the drivers working?

They look like a good project for restoration, and we like pictures! :)

Good luck with your new purchase!

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Thank you very much! They hung from the ceiling or wall in a church previously. Should I face the corner to the corner of the room, or isn't that important? I have read that low power is best, so I was thinking my Marantz 1070 integrated amp at 35 wpc would work; would that be ok?

20 year old Pappy  B)

attachicon.gifIMG_1773.JPG

Always wanted to try that stuff--i’ve heard it is fabulous.  Is it?

I'll be waiting for just the right occasion to break the seal.  This is the first time I've had an opportunity to purchase a bottle.  

It is one of the 3 best drinks of any sort I have had in my life. The other two being 25 year old Macallan & 1996 Dom Perignon. Do not waste it on knuckleheads, it is to be sipped & savored. You are in for a real treat. Pour it into a brandy snifter or a Glencairn whiskey glass, do NOT put it on the rocks. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Hello newbie here. I just picked up my first pair of Klipsch speakers from a church yesterday and I can't find anything about the model. I hooked one up to an old Kenwood SS amp and it sounded nice, but I would love suggestions on what to power them with. Any help or specs would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome!

This was actually yesterday, but here it is:

KLF-30 in light oak

KLF-C7 in black

KSP-S6 in black

Definitive Technology Powerfield 1800 subwoofer

Carver Preamp CT-3

Carver Surround Sound Processor DPL-33

Carver Poweramp TFM-35

Proscan Laserdisc player with over 50 movies/concerts

Sony 5 disc CD/SACD player

post-59027-0-64660000-1458602504_thumb.j

post-59027-0-36220000-1458602516_thumb.j

post-59027-0-36340000-1458602525_thumb.j

• Like 3

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!