Passing of my Mother

customsteve01

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve,

I'm very sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. You might recall, in early 2005 my Mom was fading, and I shared my thoughts here on the forum. I got a tremendous boost from the support here. Best wishes for you and your family, and thank you for letting us know.

Thanks for all the kind words. I think the one thing that is helping me the most right now is the support from friends and family. Also I know that she is in a better place and she is not suffering any more. I will be back at my dads today for the rest of the week. I am trying to get him to come back to Virginia with me for a few weeks, but I will let him decide.

Steve

Steve (and family),

My wife and I offer our condolences and regards to your family at this unfortunate time. My father recently passed away, and my wife's mother is not expected to last much longer, so we can certainly understand and sympathize with you for the pain and stress to you and your family.

With kind regards and utmost respect,

Marshall & Katrina.

steve--i'm sorry for your loss. in addition to sharing the same first name, my mother also died unexpectedly on a thanksgiving night--although it was thanksgiving 1968--we were hit by a drunk driver. sadly, i was only 8 years old and really didn't get the chance to build many memories--so, cherish the ones that you do have--they will bring you joy when this initial pain subsides.

hang in there my friend--i hope your dad is ok.

steve

Steve, Sorry to hear about your mother. Your family will be in my family's prayers.

Tim, I can not imagine what that must have been like. My oldest son is 15. Many of you have met him as he has attended the last two pilgimages with me. I am enjoying watching his enthusiasm twords the possiblities in his life. I am glad that he still likes to do things with me, as he is at that age now.... To have that fire extinguised so suddenly would rip me apart.

I was reminded this week how short life can be this week. A co worker of mine went home at lunch time on Wednesday because he was not feeling good. Got an email that evening that he died of a heart attack that afternoon.

Life is just way to short. Enjoy time with your friends every chance you get.

JM

Steve, I am just now seeing this and would like to offer my condolences to you and yours. Losing a parent is one of the toughest things a person will ever go thru. Just be aware that we are all here for you if you need us. Look forward to seeing you in the coming year, as I'll be spending a lot of time in the DC area starting in January.

Mike

Steve, I have to tell you I have avoided this thread like the plague, because my mom died just 3 and a half years ago. It has been too painful to post, but I think you should know you are not alone in your grief. You are completely welcome to come by and crank tunes, drink til whatever or just generally carouse brother.

Mothers are very special people. Even if you were never real close to your mother, when she's gone, it changes you forever.

Peace be with you, and your family.