• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Things are still okay.   Still no water or power.   we just got a load of supplies from folks at our church. They are working on getting us a generator as well.
    • I got used to 11 right away.  Very minor changes in my opinion that were very intuitive to figure out.
    • Windows 10 was designed to be a service and just update it. I would guess the pc manufacturers wanted a 'new' version number to help sell PCs.   The organization where I am employed has over 300 computers, desktops, laptops and servers. Approx 2/3 are linux based, the rest are various Windows iterations. One Apple product, that the graphics/crafts/photograger uses. He's in his upper 80's, and will be retiring soon. Then the Apple will go away. It's been a long time since they were better for graphics and layout, etc. Even Adobe has said their products are actually better on Windows.   Windows 11 is ok, and management wise has some nice things. Linux distros have matured a LOT in the last ten years. A lot of music and art companies are supporting or beginning to support linux. Even MS allows a linux subsystem to be installed on Windows.  
    • I first saw huff reviewing KEF Ls50 w speakers and he acted as if they were the greatest speakers in the world. I later bought a pair and they were good but not great. Very little mid bass and almost no lower register. He got rid of his Ls50 Ws and for a long time his favorite lifetime speakers were his fleetwood Devills. Now the fleetwoods lack bass compared to the Qualio and many other brands of speakers he has bought. His review of the Buchardt A10s was good and accurate as was his review of the Buchardt sub10(which btw is a wonderful combo) but he raves about almost every new to him piece of audio gear. Then he doesn’t. Lol   i am enjoying the new speakers a lot despite the Huff hype.
    • A friend of mine makes a healthy mix (yes you heard me right) with just a few candy corns mixed in with peanuts, almonds, walnut pieces and sunflower kernals....   I call it birdseed, pretty good and just enough candy corn to add a little sweetener.  It makes you feel loose and easy... or that could have been the scotch.  
    • Thank you guys....  new PC ordered, should be shipping in a couple weeks. Only OS available for me was Windows 11, with the option to configure to emulate 10, but decided to evolve and go with 11, that little voice in my head must have been my inner Darwin that kicked-in. Don't like having to learn a new OS, supposedly not that much different and their still trying to emulate Apple OS. I survive switching from apple phone to android, so this too shall pass.   Still researching external DAC's, thanks for the recommendation Bruce will investigate the offerings from Focusrite. The chief purpose if for listening, have a pair of decorator cornwalls that have been sitting idle for too long.
    • A question for Jubilee owners who use different amplifiers for the bass cabinet and K402 horn. What method do you use to match the amplifiers' volumes to each other? And what is the ratio? Are the amplifiers set equally, or do you follow another rule of thumb, and why?
    • https://www.discogs.com/release/966891-Rush-Caress-Of-Steel  
    • Weekend bump. Looking to buy one... or sell it if I can't find a single one out there.   Klipsch no longer has them for sale as refurbished units, but Crutchfield has them new for $425 with free shipping.   https://www.crutchfield.com/S-G4rheNhLO7q/p_714RP8000E/Klipsch-Reference-Premiere-RP-8000F-Ebony.html    
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Johnsie