Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

Hey Alex: I think that colterphoto1 is bang on in his assessment of Klipsch today. The Heritage line needs to be kept fresh and relevant if you want to show the world how good you were/are otherwise drop it and focus on the future.

The problem is that most of the old the old stuff is already better than the new stuff. The consumer does not want the old stuff because it is too big and too expensive. They want an elephant to be stuffed into a shoe box and they want surround so you have to build tall skinny towers which will fit into smaller spaces. Klipsch is a very different animal now. Paul is all but forgotten and the old guard is all but gone now. Best regards Moray James.

Yawn. You don't work here, so don't act like you know what's happening inside these walls. Quite frankly, it's insulting to me and everyone who actually cares about the company.

• Like 2

Yawn. You don't work here, so don't act like you know what's happening inside these walls. Quite frankly, it's insulting to me and everyone who actually cares about the company.

there you go!!!

Nice one Alex :emotion-21:

The company is never going to please everyone, so don't even try.

Edited by Schu
  • Like 1

Hey Alex: I think that colterphoto1 is bang on in his assessment of Klipsch today. The Heritage line needs to be kept fresh and relevant if you want to show the world how good you were/are otherwise drop it and focus on the future.

The problem is that most of the old the old stuff is already better than the new stuff. The consumer does not want the old stuff because it is too big and too expensive. They want an elephant to be stuffed into a shoe box and they want surround so you have to build tall skinny towers which will fit into smaller spaces. Klipsch is a very different animal now. Paul is all but forgotten and the old guard is all but gone now. Best regards Moray James.

Alex: if you feel insulted that is your problem to own and to deal with and your attitude is as I see it just the tip of the problem iceberg where you work. It is not difficult to see on your site and in the shops what the company you are working for is promoting. Frankly I find it insulting that you presume to know how I feel about Klipsch. I have deep respect for the company that PWK started and ran. If I see the company that you work for do a 1/4 of what Paul did and you will begin to earn my respect. Sorry but just because a corporation buys up a company does not give them a gimme on the respect that the previous folks built, you have to earn the consumers respect for yourself. I see you are doing a bang up job of that today. Yawn yawn yawn? Alec you better wake up you buddy are sleeping on the job. Best regards Moray James.

• Administrators

To add to Alex's reply --

Let's put something in perspective. Klipsch's employee roster is filled with:

Audiophiles

Non-audiophiles

Musicians (seriously, I think this is the biggest demographic of our roster, it's insane how many musicians work here)

Audio producers

Video producers

Audio history buffs

Music lovers

Movie nerds

Home Theater enthusiasts

Vinyl record collectors

Hardcore video gamers

Party animals

Laid-back folks

and, obviously...

Scientists

Acoustic engineers

Electrical engineers

Industrial designers

All of us... ALL OF US... believe in just about everything we put out to market, and we all love our rich history and the core principles PWK put forth for us. A lot (an incredible amount) of work goes into every aspect of every component of every product we create - from the concept sketches, to the endless meetings, to the design iterations, to the endless testing, to the QC, to the packaging design, to the marketing, to the websites, to the sales, to the support. So many things have to happen to put something out on the market, and a reason why some might consider our prices to be high is BECAUSE so much goes into our products, and nothing is taken lightly. Yes, once in a while some things turn out to be a miss, but that's just the nature of things. This is an extremely difficult industry to compete in.

Every time we do an internal demo of our new products (we just did one the other day for some of the new stuff being announced at CES), we get very excited and can't wait to get it in the hands of those who want to have the clean, highly-efficient, low-distortion audio with controlled directivity and high accuracy that we are known for. 

So, just keep all that in mind before trashing something that you haven't even seen with your own eyes or heard with your own ears yet. 

• Like 9

Alex: if you feel insulted that is your problem to own and to deal with and your attitude is as I see it just the tip of the problem iceberg where you work. It is not difficult to see on your site and in the shops what the company you are working for is promoting. Frankly I find it insulting that you presume to know how I feel about Klipsch. I have deep respect for the company that PWK started and ran. If I see the company that you work for do a 1/4 of what Paul did and you will begin to earn my respect. Sorry but just because a corporation buys up a company does not give them a gimme on the respect that the previous folks built, you have to earn the consumers respect for yourself. I see you are doing a bang up job of that today. Yawn yawn yawn? Alec you better wake up you buddy are sleeping on the job. Best regards Moray James.

Happy Holidays!

• Like 1

If the dealers know what's coming down the pipe, I wonder how Klipsch can keep it a big secret.  I'm guessing it's something more than what the dealers know.  The more people that are "in the know", the more potential that the info is leaked.

Typical dealers don't know any more than you do.

I seriously doubt it will be anything that will impress any of us old-timers. It won't be car audio, they don't have the QC for that demanding application, nearly anything electronic other than Mondial has been problematic (SUB12 quality issues, anyone remember RoomGroove?),  I see the Heritage line dying a slow death due to lack of stateside sales. Even the Pro?/Cinema line is pretty antiquated by modern standards. Was just at a Fry's electronics and of course the Klipsch display of the new portables didn't work. Probably just another rehash of something some competitor has had on the market for a year already, poorly designed and overpriced. Audiovox will be the death of this company, mark my words. 

Low Blow on so many levels Michael...!

By the way just because technology is "antiquated" doesn't make it uncompetitive or out of date if it address the laws of physics properly.

Give me a room with good acoustics and a quality recording and an "antiquated" KHorn then I can bring a person emotions of tears to joy from the reproduced music at least if they have a soul that feels.

miketn

I can't help but think that the new "Reference" line of speakers has made quite a few Klipsch supports here put their guards up. I think the new "Reference" line, subwoofers to soundbars, is nothing more than cheap, big-box audio.

I hope this new product lives up to the high expectations of the die-hard Klipsch supporters on this forum. Not an easy task but I still have faith in Klipsch!

• Like 2

What would PWK do? I'll tell you what he would do, and that is what he always intended to do and that is make a beautiful piece of furniture Jubilee for home use! Roger

Problem with that is that it would violate the cardinal points he'd already laid down. 

Dave

?  please clarify

miketn :)

I can't help but think that the new "Reference" line of speakers has made quite a few Klipsch supports here put their guards up. I think the new "Reference" line, subwoofers to soundbars, is nothing more than cheap, big-box audio.

I hope this new product lives up to the high expectations of the die-hard Klipsch supporters on this forum. Not an easy task but I still have faith in Klipsch!

That's definitely fair.

• Like 1

I seriously doubt it will be anything that will impress any of us old-timers. It won't be car audio, they don't have the QC for that demanding application, nearly anything electronic other than Mondial has been problematic (SUB12 quality issues, anyone remember RoomGroove?),  I see the Heritage line dying a slow death due to lack of stateside sales. Even the Pro?/Cinema line is pretty antiquated by modern standards. Was just at a Fry's electronics and of course the Klipsch display of the new portables didn't work. Probably just another rehash of something some competitor has had on the market for a year already, poorly designed and overpriced. Audiovox will be the death of this company, mark my words. 

Low Blow on so many levels Michael...!

He probably felt differently when he worked there.

to be perfectly honest I Dislike the new line. Now obviously people can say all day I don't work for Klipsch. But as a so called "advisor" as I talk to tons of people and push klipsch products like it is my dang job, I get asked so many times about the new reference stuff at best buy. It is irritating cause I have to explain that it is not the same as the reference ii stuff. The prices are so close and I think Klipsch did a good job of getting into pockets of people as they are now selling "reference" stuff to everyone. I just think, to me, they kind of cheated people. Because for a small percentage more, the reference ii stuff is much superior. All my opinion if course. Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 2

to be perfectly honest I Dislike the new line. Now obviously people can say all day I don't work for Klipsch. But as a so called "advisor" as I talk to tons of people and push klipsch products like it is my dang job, I get asked so many times about the new reference stuff at best buy. It is irritating cause I have to explain that it is not the same as the reference ii stuff. The prices are so close and I think Klipsch did a good job of getting into pockets of people as they are now selling "reference" stuff to everyone. I just think, to me, they kind of cheated people. Because for a small percentage more, the reference ii stuff is much superior. All my opinion if course.

Everything will make sense in due time, my friend.

• Moderators

Everything will make sense in due time, my friend.

This is exactly what Amy was saying before she left. I'm hoping the best days are ahead for Klipsch. We may not agree with every decision Klipsch makes but I myself have faith in them and truly believe they have amazing products that I will enjoy for years to come.

Merry Christmas to the Klipsch family and the Klipsch Community!!!!

Let's be honest, if Klipsch did release the perfect ideal speakers we all hope for. Who would go out and buy in the next year? I know if it was something I was really after I would make a huge attempt, but to be honest with myself I wouldn't be able to afford anything right now. I just hope that what ever it is. It brings back the name that people once remember. Along with drawing in the new upcoming audiophiles.