Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

I remember in 1997 or so loking at the KLF30's and RF7's.  Each set costs $2000 per pair, ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO.  You could negotiate maybe $500 off of this.  The absolute floor was $1000 per pair and you had to know someone.  The internet was not as big a force then.

These speakers will come in at $1350 for a pair (from a previous post - I assume it is true) and have quite a few additional features.  This is not a successful launch?  It is really difficult to engineer something to be cheaper and maintain quality.  These do not have circuit boards and processors that get cheaper over time.  I'd like to hear a pair.

Chad, FWIW, if it was 65 years ago everyone would be sending telegrams and hand written letters saying that the K Horn will never work.  :wacko:

• Like 2

Chad, FWIW, if it was 65 years ago everyone would be sending telegrams and hand written letters saying that the K Horn will never work.

This just might be the best post of 2015.. :D

Chad for what it's worth I believe this is an excellent launch which speaks well to your intended market audience for these speaker lines.

I'm really happy to see Klipsch's emphasis on the technology behind the advancement in sound over the previous models these are replacing.

Looking forward to auditioning them.

miketn

I'm pretty surprised that the price increase is as modest as it is. As I said earlier, these look to be a solid update to the Reference II line. I'm curious to see if similar tweaks (accompanied by a similarly-modest price increase) make their way into the RF-7II / RC-64II / RB-81II later this year.

I will say the RP stuff is MORE than just an update. The tweeters are a completely new design. Think of it as leaving rubber all over the road compared to a chicken strip with the Ref II LTS tweeters. They be hot-rods!

The 450C is sweet! 

Finally a sketch of our Atmos tower, it is pretty cool in person. 

more to come...

• Like 1

• Administrators

In related news...I'm pretty stoked about the new headphones actually...

Man... they are so freaking comfortable... like light pillows on your ears. And you know they sound great. I can't wait to get a pair for myself.

Hey, it's not for everybody. We respect that. We aren't pretending that you guys with La Scalas or Khorns would ebay those tomorrow and pre-order the Reference Premieres in their place. It's cool. 

Then again, Khorns and La Scalas aren't for everybody either. That's why we sell both!

Sounds like the pedals are going backwards already. Hype is just another term for... Got any of those yellow buttons? Best regards to you all at your show Moray James.

PS: horn designs which look very radical such as the JBL Master Reference Loudspeaker have not proven to be any better than other current quality designs. With out polar response curves to compare to previous designs (and with both sets of polars subject to the same amount of cosmetic filtering (and as close to raw would be best)there is no way other than listening to establish if the change is just cosmetic or if it actually is a significant improvement. there has been nor rash of M2 horn clone projects not run of existing owners to sell of previous models to upgrade to the M2.

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/m2#.VKvzinsa3ct

Edited by moray james

• Administrators

Hey, it's not for everybody. We respect that. We aren't pretending that you guys with La Scalas or Khorns would ebay those tomorrow and pre-order the Reference Premieres in their place. It's cool. 

Then again, Khorns and La Scalas aren't for everybody either. That's why we sell both!

Sounds like the pedals are going backwards already. Hype is just another term for... Got any of those yellow buttons? Best regards to you all at your show Moray James.

Ha! No backpedalling at all. Just reality that a few are impossible to please. ;-) 

Thanks

• Like 1

• Administrators

Chad, FWIW, if it was 65 years ago everyone would be sending telegrams and hand written letters saying that the K Horn will never work.  :wacko:

And they did!

And we're still around! Imagine that.

So I will update my prediction (last time I was accused of being a buzzkill).

There's something big coming today at noon.  What we saw yesterday isn't any of these things:

Klipsch getting back to its roots

Klipsch getting back to high end/high profit

"Biggest Launch in years"

If what we saw yesterday was to reflect the above, then Kliipsch has turned into a marketing engine just like Bose.  I hope I'm wrong.

What makes me think there's something big coming?  What was with the riddle from Chad?  Why all the hype about PWK at CES?  Where are the wood veneer speakers with real compression drivers?  I think we are going to see them in a couple of hours.

• Like 2

What makes me think there's something big coming? What was with the riddle from Chad? Why all the hype about PWK at CES? Where are the wood veneer speakers with real compression drivers? I think we are going to see them in a couple of hours.

That would be outstanding and well worth the hype.

• Like 1