Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
vasubandu

If you could have just one speaker for the rest of your life . . . .

Recommended Posts

Based on the three Ss - Size, Sentimentality and SOUND. I'd have to go with Forte II. For the first two of those Ss Heresy. If I was stuck on a desert island with no walls I don't think I'd want my Khorns. Then again if I was stuck on desert island I'd have more problems than corners. Like a sore tooth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rplace said:

Based on the three Ss - Size, Sentimentality and SOUD. I'd have to go with Forte II. For the first two of those Ss Heresy. If I was stuck on a desert island with no walls I don't think I'd want my Khorns. Then again if I was stuck on desert island I'd have more problems than corners. Like a sore tooth.

 

If you put the two K-horns together it would create one corner.

JJK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vasubandu said:

What one speaker would you choose?  One speaker that had to do it all.  Music, movies, whatever.  I am genuinely curious.

I already do. But I could live with 2-way Jubilees with TAD 4002 drivers on K-402's. Missing the bass bins presently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mallette said:

K'horns, the original.  Jube has it's charms, but nothing a sub doesn't fix which is still required with Jube if you want to get to C0.  Anyone who has read the 8 points knows why the K'horn is the K'horn and not a Jube.  Within PWK's parameters the K'horn remains inherently unimprovable...until the change the laws of physics.  

Even PWK thought the Jubilee was an improvement, but he sold the company before he could put it above the Khorn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard all of them.....owned quite a few.

I hear the potential in Khorns and Jubes but they always let me down.

Chorus ll's......I always thought would be the speaker for me. Not the case.

Forte ll's and Heresy's had to be the worst speakers I've ever heard.

The Khorns and Jubes were brand new when I heard them on every occasion. Setup, gear and placement we're all factors I'm sure.

All the other Heritage and extended Heritage models I heard had some things in common. They were used and up there in age. They sounded like 'cheap cabinets'. Definitely not high end. Forward midrange. Boxy bass.

KLF-30's I've heard sound like a mess plenty more times than I've heard them sound good. They had characteristics that I did like so this is the direction I went. These speakers..... after reinforcing the cabs, replacing the tweeter diaphragms, replacing the mid driver with A-55G's and new crossovers from Crites.....they are keepers.

I can only assume that any of the speakers I heard and didn't like would sound a heck of a lot better if they were 'up to snuff'.

Oh, Palladiums are the best Klipsch I've ever heard. Every.....single.....time. Those would be the ones I'd keep, if I could afford them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one speaker?

I'd say the left one... if I get tired of that I'll move it to the right.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you could have just one speaker for the rest of your life . . . .

 

 

What we use for 2 ch now, and these are for the rest of my life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forte IIIs of course. I mean seriously, they can be moved around easily. I've moved many many times in my life. Way too many for Jubes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SWL said:

I've heard all of them.....owned quite a few.

I hear the potential in Khorns and Jubes but they always let me down.

Chorus ll's......I always thought would be the speaker for me. Not the case.

Forte ll's and Heresy's had to be the worst speakers I've ever heard.

The Khorns and Jubes were brand new when I heard them on every occasion. Setup, gear and placement we're all factors I'm sure.

All the other Heritage and extended Heritage models I heard had some things in common. They were used and up there in age. They sounded like 'cheap cabinets'. Definitely not high end. Forward midrange. Boxy bass.

KLF-30's I've heard sound like a mess plenty more times than I've heard them sound good. They had characteristics that I did like so this is the direction I went. These speakers..... after reinforcing the cabs, replacing the tweeter diaphragms, replacing the mid driver with A-55G's and new crossovers from Crites.....they are keepers.

I can only assume that any of the speakers I heard and didn't like would sound a heck of a lot better if they were 'up to snuff'.

Oh, Palladiums are the best Klipsch I've ever heard. Every.....single.....time. Those would be the ones I'd keep, if I could afford them.emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

WOW....a vote for Palladiums. I have a pair of P38s and the matching sub, they sound wonderful to me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

WOW....a vote for Palladiums. I have a pair of P38s and the matching sub, they sound wonderful to me.

 

I second the P38s.  They are as good as any high end speaker that I have had and are easy to drive (compared to others).  They also do not take up very much space.  I'd keep these above all others. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another vote for Jubilees. They never fail to put a smile on my face each day, especially when used for live music. Just amazing!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Palladium 39s would be magnificent or mint Electo-Voice Interface Ds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For stock speakers that I have actually listened to, Khorns.

 

For speakers I have not heard, Forte III.

 

For a single set of speakers I would keep forever I would not want something "in-your-face."  I want something which would not need a sub and would be pleasant to listen to for long periods of time at moderate to low listening levels.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you were wondering, this is the tally so far as I understand it.  

 

Forte II            2

Jub                  4

Palladium       4

Left                 1

Forte III           3

Meyer Glyph    1

Chorus II          2

12-A                2

901                  1

Khorn              1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

In case you were wondering, this is the tally so far as I understand it.  

 

Forte II            2

Jub                  4

Palladium       4

Left                 1

Forte III           3

Meyer Glyph    1

Chorus II          2

12-A                2

901                  1

Khorn              1

Well since your counting, MWM/ 402, not that there are enough of them around to add up. I would guess size is the problem, not many crazy enough to put them in the house.:unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dtel said:

Well since your counting, MWM/ 402, not that there are enough of them around to add up. I would guess size is the problem, not many crazy enough to put them in their house.:unsure:

you forgot the 13a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...