The Klipsch Audio Community

I’m down 16 lbs since November 1. I use MyFitnessPal (free) and log everything.

I started at 237. Doc told me if I didn’t lose the belly and stop drinking, I had to start Metformin. No thanks. My dad was diabetic, I’ve lost one brother to a cardiac problem related to diabetes, and have a brother in a wheelchair because of it.

I don’t want any of that. At 221 I already feel better. Ultimate goal is 200.

For beer, I found http://www.wellbeingbrewing.com. It is great for being NA.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

What I really WANT to do is to start sleeping better....and I'm sure this will help a bit.

Exercise more.  No watching TV in bed.  No caffeine late in the day and the one thing you're currently doing which is cutting back on alcohol. 

1 hour ago, rockhound said:

Im on the wagon also.....diet is simple if you think about it. Just watch portion sizes  eat a well balanced diet and lastly BURN more calories than you are consuming.

I had permanent success after I lost about 30-35 pounds.  Different approaches work for different people.

What works for me is running and other exercise.  Sure, I watch what I eat to some extent, but I am a junk food, snack, candy and ice cream-loving fiend.  I probably have sweets almost daily. 

I have a regular routine of vigorous exercise, interspersed with alternating days of more moderate exercise.  It's hard to make yourself feel good trying to run fast on a heavy stomach.  Knowing I am going to be running later actually prevents me from stuffing my gut like I used to.

This approach might work for some of you who are trying.

Edit:  I also rely heavily on my bathroom scale.  I watch trends.  I will allow myself to trend no more than 10 pounds above my preferred weight.  This way, if I feel compelled to stuff the gut a few times, I go for it.  Then, I get back on the wagon and shed these few extra pounds in no time.

I have the opposite problem...I do not gain weight... not unless I let my hair grow and/or bulk up with extra clothing. Never been over 140 @6'2". I'm around 125lb.

I can relate to having to run around in to shower to get wet. And those water saving shower heads.....ARGH!!!

• Like 1