The Klipsch Audio Community

Ask the Historian

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

262 topics in this forum

1. Welcome!

• 16 replies
  2. LaScala Manufacture date 1 2

• 26 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 29 replies
  3. Cornwall mfg year? 1 2

• 30 replies
  4. Original KG-1 history

• 18 replies
    • 60 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 6 replies
  5. Tangent

• 3 replies
    • 18 replies
  6. Cornwall ID Help 1 2

• 35 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 39 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 6 replies
  7. Plywood

• 12 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 16 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Welcome to the forum and those Forte's bass and your existing Yamaha without subwoofer at least at first would be my plan. Can always introduce later the sub once you have a chance to listen for abit to the 2 channel setup. You may find your current amp adequate as a keeper meanwhile. And then, would want to low cross sub at around 40 hertz to get the most of the lows from the new Forte'III's. Yamaha fan myself so would study what you would be getting with an update there. Once others give their input, you will have a great time deciding about the integrated question. Played bass myself and like decent bass. Know you are somewhat excited about the prospects, and will be interested in seeing your results. Thanks!
    • What brand is the cable you purchased, Michael? That looks really nice. I've found a lot of the zip cord you can buy isn't very flexible.
    • Carl, the MM stage is still unclaimed, as is the RS input box. Also the Onkyo AV receiver and the Adcom GFT 555II tuner. 
    • @Gus46,   Welcome to the forum.   Unless your dad's room is on the huge side, my opinion is that a solid quality 80 to 100w/channel will make those RP's sing like there is no tomorrow.  I once moved my 90w/ch@8ohms,140w/ch@4ohms and 48.5 pound Yamaha A-S1000 integrated amp to my 5000ft3 family room to drive my RF-63 floorstanders and was totally blown away by the dynamics of the combination.  A powerful joyous experience.   Don't get too caught up in the power ratings of the speakers.  Klipsch high efficiency offers many options of amp power from say 80w/ch to 350w/ch or more.     With that said, if he has to have Rotel and wants new not used gear, this is really all he needs for an amplifier. http://www.rotel.com/product/rb-1552-mkii   And this like a nice preamp. http://www.rotel.com/product/rc-1572   Would not hurt for your dad to consider one of Rotel's integrated amps either. http://www.rotel.com/product/ra-1572   Bill
    • the issue seems to be the Ro of this disease the speed at which it spreads, it has the capacity to infect so many more people than a cold or flue there in lies the danger. If that were not bad enough it may also do damage to internal organs of those who survive which can vary from nil to sever. You might want to look to the postings of Dr. John Campbell who provides balanced and conservative commentary on the topic. see link. https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching
    • Thing is yes the flu is bad and annually kills more people so far . But do they quarantine entire cities for it ? Can you imagine if it happened/happens to you and yours .  Living in WuHan city or another quarantined city would be something like just stay right where you are , don't have any contact with other people and we will check back with you in a month or so . If you're not dead you're good .
    • Great news. Keep us posted on your progress with the Yamaha.
    • we have music! it's fun to hear the differences in tweaking xover frequencies on the fly and I clearly have some tweaking to do, but they'll function for now during the break-in period and they'are certainly better than the yamaha's I've been using.
    • Ironically I was using Google Maps street view today to look at areas of San Miguel that I remembered from visiting my sister there back in 2018.