General Klipsch Info

Talk about any other Klipsch Audio products and accessories here.

21494 topics in this forum

• 16 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 3 replies
  1. more MWPROJECT CD info

• 0 replies
  2. Touch Up Paint

• 1 reply
  3. Speaker Stands

• 5 replies
  4. Bucking Magnets?

• 0 replies
    • 5 replies
  5. Music for Jubilee's

• 4 replies
  6. The Seven Sound Waves

• 4 replies
  7. Flat KLF-20's???

• 9 replies
    • 3 replies
  8. PHOTO GALLERY??

• 9 replies
  9. SPL meter

• 1 reply
  10. KG .5 specs

• 3 replies
    • 6.3k views
    • 9 replies
  11. Chorus Speakers

• 0 replies
  12. A Funny Thing Happened...

• 10 replies
  13. Chorus Alert

• 6 replies
  14. I am so Bummed. 1 2

• 38 replies
    • 2.1k views
  15. clipping problems

• 8 replies
  16. Cable signal degradation

• 16 replies
    • 15 replies
  • Recent Posts

• What's interesting to me is that people fall for that marketing gimmick.  You can actually make any subwoofer accept high level inputs in a superior manner by investing in a Jensen transformer.  I can't confirm but multiple people have said that all REL is doing is using a resistor.  If this method were that much better you'd hear tons of people singing the praises about those transformers.  But you don't.  You've probably never heard it mentioned a single time.  What you do hear is people singing the praises of REL's cheap resistor setup or whatever it is due to their marketing.  Not to mention that this method is worthless in a home theater setup.  It doesn't make any sense. 
    • Today I got water hydrojet massages on a waterbed, I swam and walked a lot .Tomorrow I get a @dirtmudd pack and electrical stimulation against the pain points in my back, I'm curious. The food is now really good, a large selection of menus and salads and non-alcoholic drinks. In general, the days go by very quickly, I've already been here for 5 days. The daily routine is determined by sporting activities, targeted individual medical treatments and information about solutions to health problems. It really is a good clinic, it has repeatedly received awards in recent years as one of the top clinics for orthopaedic treatment  
    • I don't doubt it! Pass makes great stuff, and of course solid state is immune to the type of hum we're discussing here. I might try them out one day, but right now I'm enjoying tubes (my UFO25s sound fantastic and humless configured as differential monoblocks).     My understanding from my discussion with Steve is that the hum is certainly not required to sound good, but is required for the amp to sound exactly the way he wants on the types of speakers he is targeting. He said it would still sound good without the internal hum, just not special in the way that he wants. Yeah my SE34I.5 is nice and quiet on my La Scalas, very very little hum, and fine for everyday use. Doesn't sound as good as the UFO25 (in mono) though! Based on the testimonies I've gathered and reviews read, the non-25th anniversary UFOs seem to just have less internal hum than the 25th anniversary version. Not sure why. Steve has told me that different models of his amps indeed do have different levels on internal hum (e.g. 300B > UFO25 > SE34I in hum level).
    • There was actually a pretty good scientific study on this.  They found that if they injected music with harmonic distortion on the bass, at the lowest frequencies it literally took around 100% harmonic distortion before people thought something wasn't quite right.  Intermodulation distortion is arguably a different story but a decent amount of harmonic distortion largely centered on the second harmonic is just going to blend in.  It's interesting how people will argue against that and worry about harmonic distortion on the bass but then turn around and purposely get tube amps that often have 2-10% harmonic distortion on the second harmonic and think that it's pleasing to the ear.      Biggest problem I've heard as it pertains to this issue with subs is that cheaper subs that have cabinets that are too small will often ring and sound colored plus some have limiters that aren't linear in terms of frequency response.  The end result is that when you spank them you can get distortion artifacts and unnatural response that is well above 100 hz which is very localizeable and sounds like crap.  
    • You won´t tell me that you´re doing it alone ? Guess you´ve got some co-workers or contracted a company for garden path construction , however pretty nice path and garden design
    • Another is the KG-4s with their round and rectangular, 4-8 Ohm.
    • Hmmm, I thought the round cup was on the Heresy 1.5, when they got all the parts switched out. No more k55, etc.
    • From what I've seen and understand when these models were first released they had round input cups with 4ohm stamped on them and then at some point they switched to the rectangular cups with the 8ohm stamp. From the thread you posted and available crossover schematics it would appear only the rating changed, not the crossovers or speakers. Klipsch must have settled on the 8 ohm rating to attract / not scare off potential buyers with the lower, easier to drive load rating?