General Klipsch Info

Talk about any other Klipsch Audio products and accessories here.

21519 topics in this forum

• 6 replies
  1. A Certain Klipsch Engineer

• 0 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 36 replies
  2. DIY crossover specs!!!

• 3 replies
    • 3 replies
  3. best audio possible

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  4. Concert levels?

• 13 replies
    • 4 replies
  5. DVD Audio

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 4 replies
  6. my senator is dead! 1 2

• 24 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Where is Dafishguy?

• 1 reply
    • 17 replies
  8. why people like denon? 1 2

• 28 replies
  9. Denon v. Onkyo 1 2

• 26 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Hello Forum Folks,   Ahead of my neighborhood garage sale next weekend, I thought I would give you first dibs at some nice JBL Control 29 AV-1 speakers.   Very good condition. All drivers are in perfect condition. Cabinets have typical ware for their age. Includes ball mount. Audition at time of purchase to verify they work perfectly. These go for $482 EACH new and this price is the same at all of the top places like Sweatwater, Amazon, Crutchfield, etc. ($964 for the pair plus almost another $100 for taxes)   I have several pairs if you are interested.   These are very well balanced speakers.  One set I am keeping for my garage system as they will replace my KG 3.5's!  You are welcome to taste a couple of bourbons while auditioning if you like!  More info here: https://www.jbl.com/installed-sound/C29AV-1-.html   Located in Big Rock, IL  60511 I'm asking $350 per pair for members. Message me for pics as I refuse to put crappy resolution pics that this forum now demands of members. Or you can check them out on facebook...yes, I know I have them listed there for $400, but the $350 price still applies for members! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/304764542469290   Specs: Frequency Range (-10 dB) 37 Hz –18 kHz Frequency Response (± 3 dB) 43 Hz – 15 kHz 100 Hr Power Capacity 300 Watts Continuous Program Power ; 150 Watts Continuous Pink Noise Maximum SPL @ 1m Short-Term = 118 dB; Long-Term = 112 dB Nominal Sensitivity 90 dB, 1W @ 1 m (3.3 ft) Nominal Coverage Angle 110° H x 85° V, rotatable Directivity Factor (Q) 6.7, averaged 500 Hz to 16 kHz Directivity Index (DI) 8.3 dB, averaged 500 Hz to 16 kHz Nominal Impedance 8 ohms (THRU setting) Minimum Impedance 6.3 ohms @ 230 Hz 3.3 ohms @ 4.1 kHz Crossover Type 3rd order High Pass, 2nd order Low Pass with impedance compensation, 2.5 kHz crossover frequency Transformer Taps 70V = 110W, 55W, 28W & 14W ; 100V = 110W, 55W, & 28W ; Thru Position Low Frequency Transducer 200 mm (8 in) kevlar cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 50 mm (2 in) voicecoil on fiberglass former High Frequency Transducer 25 mm (1 in) compression driver, pure titanium diaphragm with patented JBL diamond surround
    • That is good news as the Bosch dishwashers do a great job, we had the one with the silverware tray on top and it was a few years back
    • Sunny and 80 around here today.  Heading outside to see what's up in the hood.  Might get something done but doubtful.  More or less a guest appearance.   
    • @geezin' atta boy.  Go large or don't go!  They got smart around here.  If it's worth anything at all they put it on a website they have.  Usually just junk anymore when ya hit one lookin for that deal.  
    • Wassa matter?  Put on a stack and go!  You guys are spoiled!      
    • Both good points. Thanks. 
    • I think it´s about negating noise from the platter-bearing. What I wonder about is magnetic influence on the catridge... Is it all shielded by that platter?  
    • It really looks interesting. I would be worried about the difficulty of just changing out the records. It seems like it would have to be a bit of a timely process just to flip a record. Don't get me wrong, it's an awesome looking setup. Maybe I am just too lazy...lol. Is there any real advantage to the floating turntable if the tone arm is still affixed to the base? It seems to me that it would negate the whole anti vibration thing. If that's what it is going for. I'm really just curious as I am certainly no expert in any way. 
    • @KROCK  Logical approach but is it similar to the air platter?  Would have to be more stable I'd think but...  Pricey, nice looking tone arm but just how good is the cart compared to the rest of the build?  Yea, you need a Queen in your life.  Said no man evah!  Maybe though.  😂  Those lp's?  H3ll I have enough trouble putting the one's I play away!  The table?  I'll just keep my trusty Linn.  Still spinning away @ 33.29.    @Full Range welcome back!  Sounds like a good time.  Always nice to get out of your comfort zone.  Then when you come home ya wonder wtf you just did and fire up the system.  Pictures @ Exhibition pretty much sums it up.  Helps you settle back into that life of stability.  😂