Deano is an approved Klipsch network builder

10 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

It will be a month before I have my parts. If you must, buy the cap kit and send them to me. PM me and we’ll talk about packing and shipping. 

So just curious are you going to follow the Crites model and prebuild crossovers for purchase or offer drop in wood plank crossovers for PCB models like the Chorus II? Or are you only a send your worn out ones for a re-cap? 

5 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

So just curious are you going to follow the Crites model and prebuild crossovers for purchase or offer drop in wood plank crossovers for PCB models like the Chorus II? Or are you only a send your worn out ones for a re-cap? 

Networks that are inside the loudspeaker are pretty well protected. The only thing "worn out" about them are the capacitors, and to be honest, it's usually just the epoxy coated blue ovals and electrolytics that tend to go wonky. Speaking of which, I forgot to mention that Roy has also authorized the use of a polyester in place of the electrolytic for the Chorus and Chorus II.

There is nothing wrong with the PCB's, and they have both the correct autotransformer and coils on them. The parts are also in the right physical relationship on the boards to each other. Remember, parts are measured while on the board. Finally, everything goes back in nice and tidy - so this is the preferred method by me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KT88 said:

To ensure that your vintage Heritage Klipsch speakers continue to perform to their full potential, we have set up the Vintage Restoration Shop for you." (Contact).

Ha ha, let's be careful. I'm just one guy and have a day job - which I like quite a bit. I have no desire to live out of my workroom. Most end up here anyways, or will be directed here by the someone from one of the Klipsch pages on Facebook. I don't expect it to get insane, but if it does, I will talk to Roy about getting some help, or people will be waiting six months for me to finish my cup of coffee. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Crankysoldermeister

Nice looking work, Cranky!

IMO, bonding two leads mechanically and then with solder is as reliable as using a solder lug on a terminal strip. Terminal strips may add convenience for production lines, but I don't think they improve integrity.

Those network boards look better than any I have ever seen in any speaker since I started in 1968 fooling with speakers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@RealMarkDeneen Thanks Mark. Yeah, probably not the example to use if you're looking for my worst work, lol. Those parts were laid out almost exactly the way they were on the schematic, because I'm terrible with layouts when this many parts are involved. I wanted true point-to-point, and I just couldn't figure out how to do it without the grounding bar. I always lack imagination when I need it the most!

• Like 1