Guesses on Klipsch's "Biggest Launch in Years" at CES on 01-06-15

Youthman

I have all three but only two have been modified. We have belt sander races at a bar near by.

Belt sander races.  I like it!!

They also have chicken s**t bingo. Grid painted on bottom of box, chicken walks on chicken wire on top of box, poop marks the number.

My brother in law owns a bar where they have chicken shit bingo.  Have to tell him about the belt sander races. 

Ok my final guess, and I think it's been said before.

3 way Reference, with real wood veneer. Geared towards Dolby atmos. Oh yea made in America.

Did you guess Atmos before? I didn't re-read all nearly 500 posts (most of them on-topic) to find out. I guessed Atmos in general, but I wasn't as specific as you are.

I think a lot of us are guessing a "Reference III" since it is consistent with earlier Klipsch press releases, but could an Atmos line-up BE the Reference III line up?

I think I may have in one of my first post.

I thought there are 2 different styles of Atmos speakers. One would be just like a bookshelf speaker that would go on the ceiling. The other would be a surround that points to the ceiling, for those who aren't able to rerun wires in the ceiling. Something along the lines of what Tasdom mentioned.

Edited by duder1982

Wouldn't an Atmos "line-up" simply consist of two or three pairs of ceiling-reflecting bookshelf-type speakers available in different sizes? Seems they could add those to any series at any time.

I agree with you on all points. 

To me, the bigger point is marketing.  Try to hype the consumers, get some excitement going about "new and improved" products and of course for Klipsch, try to increase sales and capture a larger market share.

I think Klipsch is doing it right.

Even skis. Yamaha was also making engines for Ford (early SHO's).

Yep, pretty cool looking engine.

97_ford_taurus_sho-3.jpg

Bill

I had a 95 SHO automatic which was the last (and most powerful) SHO/Yammie they made.  Kept it for about 10 years after buying it new.  It had the sweetest growl at full throttle of anything I've ever owned.

Any of you guys like motorcycles, power tools or Asian women? 

I have a Yamaha V-Max Bike with $27,000 in modifications, but that is off topic!

Roger

Oh Man, 27k in mods? Spill the beans please. Those bikes are pretty cool stock, I can only imagine what you could do with 27k. Just curious what you have done to it, supercharger, turbo, chain conversion, NOS?

Jon Cornell who is dead now and owned UFO Performance was a personal buddy of mine. UFO V-Gas carbs, $4,000 custom nitrous setup, air shifter, custom 3" over swing arm braced and chromed with Custom 3" over drive shaft, custom billet rims with 200 rear tire, 14 coats of paint, 4 silver, 6 house of Colors Candy Apple Red, and 5 coats of clear, custom body panels, and a ton of custom billet and custom chrome work.

Roger

Wouldn't an Atmos "line-up" simply consist of two or three pairs of ceiling-reflecting bookshelf-type speakers available in different sizes? Seems they could add those to any series at any time.

not necessarily... there is downward firing and upward firing. the upward firing (reflective) would need to be designed). the downward firing could in theory be simply two more standard speakers.

• Administrators

One thing I have on my wish list is some white speakers, like nice bookshelves or towers, not just the indoor/outdoor ones.

While I CAN say there won't be any white Klipsch HT separates coming out any time soon, we do have this. (a bookshelf model is also available)

http://www.jamo.com/speaker-lines/concert/C10/?sku=C109

C109_ALT11_MED.jpg

• Like 2

Don't you know a lot. Most of us are expecting a new reference lineup as we know retailers clearing reference stock for new stuff to come in. However some are only hoping for maybe a return of the belle, chorus, forte. Stuff like that. Don't be a buzzkill new guy

• Like 1

Don't be a buzzkill new guy

Yeah, don't be a buzzkill. :P

But, he has been a member since 2009. :o;):D

Bill

new to me with double digit posts lol

Speaking of 2009. That is when I bought my first Klipsch anything! Rsw-10d, rf-82, rc-52, rs-42X4

What a great decision it was to get into this brand. Thinking my only mistake was to join this forum. Thanks to bill and professor thump I ordered the RF-63 HT.

Then I'll blame JTR speakers for not thinking the Klipsch was up to par anymore.

Then I'll thank bill Hendrix for finally getting me into the cinema lineup and slowing down and being happy with my gear as I have heard any other speaker that I just have to have anymore.

Been a fun ride. And it ain't over!

Edited by Scrappydue
  • Like 1

I may be way off base but I cannot figure out the "new" hertitage thing. I just cant imagine a forward looking company investing in speakers that will draw a very limited number of sales. I'm not knocking Heritage in any way, for sound they're great but they are not gonna be in living rooms all across the world. The day of big square boxes is over, I like nostalgia so they're fine by me but the new generation is not going to accept them. The fact they still make some of the old models is amazing to me, the sales just cant be that strong. Now.....I may be wrong, and don't mind one bit if I am but that's the way it looks to me. 

Amy mentioned awhile back that Klipsch would have some pretty exciting news and for us to be patient.  I'm thinking this is what she was referring to because I don't see the current "Reference" speakers (even the new subwoofers) as being super exciting news.

Who is Amy? I see her mentioned on the forum alot. Forgive me as I am new here.