Prayers appreciated for Wakejunkie

Youthman

• Moderators

Two days ago, at 36 years old, my best friend Wakejunkie had two strokes. For the most part he's doing fine. Has some balance issues and cannot walk without assistance.

Dr said its a miracle he is alive. Only 10% survive from a stroke like he had and he had two making it around 1% of people that survive.

Here is the latest update from his wife

Update: the doctor has confirmed that it is a tear in his vertebral artery alone causing the strokes. It is a life changing event. The doctor said it is a miracle that he didn't die and to count this as a second chance. He will not be able to play sports anymore, go to the chiropractor, or pop his neck without risk of causing another tear. He should heal from his present symptoms over the next three months but doctor says risk of re-injury is great. It is a weakness of connective tissue and not from previous surgery. Treatment for this event is major blood thinners until the tear heals and then an aspirin type regiment. Please keep him in prayer as he adjusts to these changes.

• Like 16

Two days ago, at 36 years old, my best friend Wakejunkie had two strokes. For the most part he's doing fine. Has some balance issues and cannot walk without assistance.

Dr said its a miracle he is alive. Only 10% survive from a stroke like he had and he had two making it around 1% of people that survive.

Here is the latest update from his wife

Update: the doctor has confirmed that it is a tear in his vertebral artery alone causing the strokes. It is a life changing event. The doctor said it is a miracle that he didn't die and to count this as a second chance. He will not be able to play sports anymore, go to the chiropractor, or pop his neck without risk of causing another tear. He should heal from his present symptoms over the next three months but doctor says risk of re-injury is great. It is a weakness of connective tissue and not from previous surgery. Treatment for this event is major blood thinners until the tear heals and then an aspirin type regiment. Please keep him in prayer as he adjusts to these changes.

Wow, this really hit home. He is in my thoughts and prayers to get well soon. From his name, it sounds like he was very active in extreme sports and is going to have to go through a lifestyle change and be very careful.

Michael,

Please let Shaun know my family and I will be praying for him for a quick and trouble free recovery.  Looks like a long road ahead so prayers must be often and consistent.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Absolutely!

And to all you faithful believers in God and His mercy, thank you for your faith and faithfulness.  Who knows (besides God) the how and what of the outcome(s)?  I have seen Him use a circumstance or condition and apply a multiplier effect that has great leverage and economy.  

He promises believers that despite the condition or circumstance, He will cause good to come from it--usually in more and different ways and far greater than we could have imagined, over the years--to our betterment and His glory.

So, yes, even those who do not know Shawn (or any of you personally), he is being prayed for, knowing that good will come.

• Like 3