1. Klipsch Announcements

1. Klipsch News

Important news pertaining to Klipsch will be posted here.

Watch this space for announcements/info about the 2020 Klipsch Pilgrimage!

Klipsch Website and Forums news. This section of the forums is strictly for technical questions related to these forums or other Klipsch websites.
      Please see one of the many other sections of the forums to post any other kind of topic. For specific Klipsch product assistance, visit: https://support.klipsch.com.

1. Klipsch Museum: News & Announcements

Any news or announcements related to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be posted here.

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

Let's talk about the museum here!

1. General Klipsch Info

Talk about any other Klipsch Audio products and accessories here.

Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here.

Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!

Scratch that "low-end itch" with talk about subwoofers of all types.
      Hz so good.

Talk about custom Home Theater designs and our Klipsch Architectural products here.

Talk about our Pro Audio and Cinema products here.

Talk about restoring older speakers and other technical/electronic information here.

Talk about our in-ear and on-ear headphones here.

Talk about our KMC Music Systems, Portable Systems, Computer Speakers and legacy iPod speakers here.

Talk about that sweet warm tube sound.

Solid-state ONLY posts here please. Keep that tube stuff to that "other" subforum. ;-)

1. Garage Sale

Have audio-related equipment to sell? Post here!
      Remember, Klipsch is not responsible for resulting transactions - buy with caution! No dealers, please.

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

• Recent Posts

• Heritage, made in hope rknss with many others...
    • No, Rickie Fowler as he's notorious for wearing orange.   Link      
    • Repost down on the Garage Sale section.  👍
    • Well, thanks a lot for your hint, geoff. I googled K33 P and V. I have found this old thread after you mentioned it. I have no clue about the „V“ version. But when I opened the bass bin today I was a little bit confused how strong the magnet is and how heavy these animals look, much different to my K33 E in my LaScalas. I am no expert but such a strong magnet would mean that the resonance freq. is much higher than it should be for a proper use in the Khorn? In the „timeline“ a K33 V is not mentioned. In addition I googled a bit and found that a genuine „P“ of the time around 1973 should also have a square magnet? At least the pics in the net seem to show square magnets.   My new purchase is from a first hand buyer (who sadly passed away two years ago, so his very kind and honest family sold it to me). BTW the speakers are mint and the price was so fair that every investment in proper right drivers is no issue at all for me. (investing mew drivers in the Khorn or my LS when I use their K33 E in the Khorn). Was there a time when those „V“ drivers were built in on a regular manner, or is it possible that the owner had a failed original driver and some workshop has replaced them for this „V“ version at some point of time during the last 51 years?  
    • It's about time. No laughter here.   And I would add, a bit easier to read compared to Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, which my mother gave to me in the '60s. I kept falling asleep in school and I stayed up many nights reading into the early morning.   To add to that bit of info, in 2005 I met a woman whose mother was English (father was an American), and as a teenager lived in England where her father worked. Her father passed away, but the family knew Tokien's, and afterwards, he would pick up her and her mother and take them to church.
    • Did you mean Scottie Sheffler?
    • @KT88, more confusion for you, your first picture shows a K-33-V ?! …your welcome, lol   As to your thoughts about using the woofers from your La Scalas in the Khorns and buying new Eminence woofers for the La Scalas, from my experience that is pretty sound thinking. Unless… the bass bin for YOUR model of Khorn was designed differently from the ones using the K-33-E ? I thought I had read something on this forum about a bass bin change, maybe in the AK crossover versions, so maybe of no consequence to you ?   Regarding the La Scalas, I gave the Kappa 15Cs a run in my “regular” La Scalas with the AL-3 crossover years ago and was instantly taken aback by the increase in all aspects of their performance compared to the K-33s they replaced. The best word I could find to describe the impact was “supercharged”.    I now own LSI Splits with the K-43 woofers, and the Kappa 15Cs are in my FH-1 bins. I whole-heartedly preferred the 15Cs in the Peavey bins as well though when compared to both the square magnet and round magnet K-33s I have floating around.   One caveat though is that the foam gaskets on the Kappa 15Cs need to replaced with a hard paper gasket kit. I believe a significant amount of the energy and dynamics the woofer produces would be lost by having a “shock absorber” between the woofer frame and the motorboard. I had originally gotten around this necessity by torquing down the screws so tight the foam was compressed into the woofer frame, but in retrospect I was lucky I didn’t strip or snap a bolt, or warp the stamped frame. Even with torquing them like the bolt pattern on a car tire. My current pairs have had the foam gaskets replaced with paper.        
    • Volti says forte cabinets are made in china and not in Hope and not even MDF. I thought all heritage speakers were made in the USA? I am confused.
    • Sorry, I've just seen the confusion I've caused. It's been a long day...Everything should be K33 of course. So a K33 E from that era with square magnets helps support the upper bass in the Khorn. The upper bass is - beside all the good qualities - a tad of the weak point of the Khorn in my first impression, especially when I was used to listen to LaScalas. Since I am in Germany I would like to avoid original Klipsch woofers for the LaScala because of the high duty, import tax and shipping costs. But you can buy regular Eminence woofers fairly cheaply over here. What would be a regular Eminence type that would be a good fit for the LaScala? If I were to sell the LaScala, would it perhaps be worth considering having the K77 P from the Khorn repaired and selling it with the LaScala. If as you say at the time around 1973 all 15” Klipsch speakers had a K33 P, a potential buyer would not get something wrong. If I would keep the LS I didn't want to overdo it financially and I would like to stick with sheet metal frames for the LaScala woofer. I've read several times that the cast woofer frames sometimes don't really fit into the LaScsla and that in some cases you have to remove some wood. That was in connection with the. Crites woofers.   For more detailed questions I will gladly write PM.
    • There's a feeling here, it's resonating from behind me. 4 ohm 15 inchers can do that!     I concur with the OP above. Satriani might just be more short than I am but he was a giant when I was up close at The House of Blues when "The Extremist came out!! And no I do not think him and that other Joe compare, apples and oranges to me!     One song will not show you what he's like, one release might do it!    
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    willy65000