1. Klipsch Announcements

1. Klipsch News

Important news pertaining to Klipsch will be posted here.

Watch this space for announcements/info about the 2020 Klipsch Pilgrimage!

Klipsch Website and Forums news. This section of the forums is strictly for technical questions related to these forums or other Klipsch websites.
      Please see one of the many other sections of the forums to post any other kind of topic. For specific Klipsch product assistance, visit: https://support.klipsch.com.

1. Klipsch Museum: News & Announcements

Any news or announcements related to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be posted here.

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

Let's talk about the museum here!

1. General Klipsch Info

Talk about any other Klipsch Audio products and accessories here.

Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here.

Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!

Scratch that "low-end itch" with talk about subwoofers of all types.
      Hz so good.

Talk about custom Home Theater designs and our Klipsch Architectural products here.

Talk about our Pro Audio and Cinema products here.

Talk about restoring older speakers and other technical/electronic information here.

Talk about our in-ear and on-ear headphones here.

Talk about our KMC Music Systems, Portable Systems, Computer Speakers and legacy iPod speakers here.

Talk about that sweet warm tube sound.

Solid-state ONLY posts here please. Keep that tube stuff to that "other" subforum. ;-)

1. Garage Sale

Have audio-related equipment to sell? Post here!
      Remember, Klipsch is not responsible for resulting transactions - buy with caution! No dealers, please.

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

• Recent Posts

• It is a preprogrammed box. It has volume controls for LF and HF so different amps for the 2 ways can be matched if needed. No other settings accessible by user. Does have unbalanced and balanced I/O. I inquired and was told it is better than the 24bit/96k of the Xilica but with no details or explanation given. So basically . Have no idea who makes it but I too would like to know. Not that Homey will ever be able to afford but it is the only upgrade path for this UG Jube owner
    • I hired piano movers when I got my Jubilee.  Worth every penny.  And if they screw up, they are insured.  
    • That's not even close to 100% true IMO/E. Do you always go to the same restaurant and get the same meal?
    • I recently acquired some 90s klipschorns. When I set them up ( I had it powered with an NAD C700), my current la scala's sounded a lot better than them. So I hooked them up to my monolith 7x200. Sound improved but the klipschorn still sounds like its trapped in the box. Turning up the volume definitely helps - it sounds better at high volumes. However, at these high volumes, there's a hissing sound coming from the midrange horn. You don't hear it from the front (obviously) but if you're behind the speaker, you can hear it. I also don't think there's any sound coming from the tweeters.  How do I fix this? Should I be looking for replacement parts? Where do I find them? Totally noob. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks  
    • Always have been a fan of the JJ 6L6.  Do you have any subjective comments about how they sound? Thanks, John, and Great Work as always.
    • The final answer to clean vinyl. It works well with the brush. 🤪
    • Congrats on the new Jubes!    I'm also using Hypex mono blocks for the low end and First Watt J2 for the top for my active crossover system. Different speakers for sure, but I owned Khons for many, many years. Also several tube amps and preamps have come and gone. I don't see the Hypex/J2 combo going anywhere anytime soon. Just some food for thought on the J2/Hypex combo that seems to work for more than one member here.   Enjoy the road finding your perfect match....er, matches.   Side note, I've not been keep up on the new Jubilee threads. Does the active crossover that comes with them allow for you to play with the crossover points, slopes, delay, etc. or is it a preprogrammed box from the factory. Any idea who makes it? The speakers look fantastic and I'm sure sound out of this world. I'd expect nothing less from the electronics.   
    • Thanks kindly sir! I appreciate the welcome. Everyone has been great so far about sharing their knowledge and experience. I'll take a close look at the gear you are using. I've heard great things about the First Watt J2.   I have worked through a few different options in the last month myself:   Digital Source: Bluesound Node - sounds great, better than my old Sonos port and much faster to start playing music.   Analog Source: Technics 1210GR2 - sounds lovely, will last forever. I'm an old DJ so this is an obvious choice for me.    Preamp: Bozak CMA-10-2DLC - discrete and I preferred it over the McIntosh C8 pre that I tried. Paired it with a Durrough 40 meters and a Japanese stand for the mixer and meters.   LF: McIntosh MC-252 pushes the bass bins with punch. I tried them with an MHA-150 and felt it was missing a bit of bass slam. On paper, the MHA-150 should work just fine given the wattage consumed by the high efficiency woofers but when playing dance music, I felt something was missing. My sense is that the LF cabinets can sop up whatever wattage you send their way. MHA-150 sounded good. MC-252's sounded great.   HF: McIntosh MC-252 sounds lovely at lower volumes but when I tried the HF horns with the aforementioned MHA-150, they sounded very sweet and "just right". The experiment with the lower-power MHA-150 convinced me I should swap out one of my MC-252s for an old MC-225 tube amp (if anyone wants to sell theirs, please contact me!). Thanks to Mike for suggesting the MHA-150 and his advice as I think low-power for the horns is ideal.     
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Robert M.