1. Klipsch Announcements

1. Klipsch News

Important news pertaining to Klipsch will be posted here.

Watch this space for announcements/info about the 2020 Klipsch Pilgrimage!

Klipsch Website and Forums news. This section of the forums is strictly for technical questions related to these forums or other Klipsch websites.
      Please see one of the many other sections of the forums to post any other kind of topic. For specific Klipsch product assistance, visit: https://support.klipsch.com.

1. Klipsch Museum: News & Announcements

Any news or announcements related to the Klipsch Museum of Audio History will be posted here.

Got a Klipsch history question for historian Jim Hunter? Ask here! 

Let's talk about the museum here!

1. General Klipsch Info

Talk about any other Klipsch Audio products and accessories here.

Talk about stereo amp and speaker matching here.

Talk about Klipsch Home Theater products and setups including Floorstanders, Bookshelf Speakers, Soundbars and more here!

Scratch that "low-end itch" with talk about subwoofers of all types.
      Hz so good.

Talk about custom Home Theater designs and our Klipsch Architectural products here.

Talk about our Pro Audio and Cinema products here.

Talk about restoring older speakers and other technical/electronic information here.

Talk about our in-ear and on-ear headphones here.

Talk about our KMC Music Systems, Portable Systems, Computer Speakers and legacy iPod speakers here.

Talk about that sweet warm tube sound.

Solid-state ONLY posts here please. Keep that tube stuff to that "other" subforum. ;-)

1. Garage Sale

Have audio-related equipment to sell? Post here!
      Remember, Klipsch is not responsible for resulting transactions - buy with caution! No dealers, please.

Talk about almost anything that's on your mind here. Sports, News, Music, Movies, Gaming, Computers, etc.

• Recent Posts

• I think it is a chemically synthesized oil. On the bottle it says Linear Alkylate. It is a product widely used by antique furniture dealers. It can also be used for metals. Straw Is the translation for paglierino that means pale yellow.
    • Maybe we are saying the same thing..but ground loops are because of different potentials at different ground points which cause current to flow in the ground. Theoretically there should be no current in the safety ground. Neutral is the return for the load current. Sorry I assume PCs with Iso Trans are not "relatively inexpensive". But admittedly I really don't know. I have never looked into it. I fix my noise problems at their source using science. Curious though when you have a "fault" on the load side of an iso trans where does the current go. Does it trip the breaker on the primary side? Or does the isolated side have GFI protection?
    • At the risk of being nit-picky, maybe. To be nauseatingly accurate, if the PC uses an isolation transformer the input ground (house/utility) must be totally isolated from the output ground (iso transformer). Grounding needs to be at the source of the power, and in the case of an iso transformer, is the iso transformer secondary side (this is a separately derived power source per NFPA 70 (the National Electric Code). The primary side grounds back to the house/utility and the two must be separate for effective noise isolation, and I believe safety.   This is also true of double conversion UPS's   Not interested in an argument or long technical discussion, but this is the correct situation.   Other than noise from digital sources (high frequency pulses switching between 1's and 0's), other noise comes from a voltage difference between the ground and neutral (the infamous ground loop). This voltage must always be zero or noise could result. Just about any source of noise that can occur in audio systems that I can think of is a result of a voltage difference between the two.
    • Ok thanks. It appears in order to see the ingredients, need to request from manufacturer. Site says its a vegetable oil...
    • On relatively inexpensive power conditioners it is probably illegal for them to isolate the safety ground connection. And it SHOULD NOT be done. If you have a noise problem figure out where and between which pieces of equipment and fix that interconnect/interface. https://indianaaes.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/indy-aes-2012-seminar-w-notes-v1-0.pdf review the document at this link..you will then know as much as the greatest minds on noise know.
    • Thanks for all the feedback, especially @Dave1291, I don't have a compelling reason to unload them, and you've encouraged me to try to make room for them. They are beautiful! I know the pics don't accurately represent their appearance, but the original owner did an awesome job on the finish. I have read posts where some state to keep the speakers completely original, and others are passionate about replacing the caps, etc. for the best sound. I would be interested in the best sound over keeping the original state, but certainly don't want to lose the Klipsch signature pure sound. What would be recommendations for upgrades to these all original speakers?
    • Here is a description of that oil in German, just use google translator.   https://bormawachs.com/dettaglio_new.php?idprod=NAT4978XX&cat1=2&lang=3
    • Blah, picked one up at auction someone had w/a system.  Basically a heavy duty power switch me thinks.  Listed at a k and I paid 200 for it.  It is what it is.  Tons of hype but does that floor really drop?     Only floor I ever saw drop was while standing up against the wall riding a spinning ride at an amusement part.  Yea, ok, more rocket science. 
    • Very nice, thank you! Don't know if that brand is sold in the US and I can't read Italian, but what are the ingredients of this oil? What is straw oil?
    • I agree with the suggestion about addressing your room. Big improvements to be had there for sure.    If streaming is your only source, you can reap huge benefits here by upgrading to a dedicated streamer and improving your DAC. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Stoic